|Published||November 17, 2022|
|Location||St. Louis, MO|
* Location: St. Louis, MO
* Remote: Remote
* Type: Contract
* Job #9368
Technology Partners is currently seeking a talented Application Developer, Python, AWS (147582). Do you have experience with Python and AWS? Let us help you make your next big career move a reality!
*What You Will Be Doing:*
As Climate matures as a data company there is the need to author, create and manipulate models with varying inputs, performance SLAs and workflows, and serve agronomic intelligence through the DFP. Generally the model development life cycle starts with discovery after a few iterations of the internal logic developed independently by our Science organization. Once the model matures enough or is ready to be put to test against large volumes of data, it is then reimplemented by the Engineering organization with conformance to the requirements and restrictions of production processes and infrastructure. Development of new models, as well as ongoing maintenance of existing models, requires coordination between Engineering and Science. You will be part of the Engineering team that is responsible for executing these models in our production environment at a scale that supports several critical business programs and new business models. In this role, you will also participate in our teams on-call rotation for the services the team owns.
*Required Skills & Experience:*
* BS in software related field (or equivalent) combination of education and experience;
* Software engineering work experience using multiple functional or object-oriented languages (Java, Scala and Python etc.) with a strong emphasis on Python.
* Experience building scalable backend services (REST APIs, microservices, designing and implementing efficient data processing algorithms, messaging paradigms, middleware, persistent storage).
* Experience working with AWS or other public cloud platforms (EC2, S3, RDS, SQS, etc.).
*Desired Skills & Experience:*
* Solid knowledge of building large scale systems using Python.
* Prior experience working in the Agronomic/Agriculture domain.
* Experience with building real-life data science projects.
* Excellent written and verbal communication, presentation, engineering diagrams, and listening skills with the ability to present complex technical information in a clear and concise manner.
* Solid knowledge of software development methodologies and best practices.
* Experience building robust backend services and REST APIs.
* Experience with relational and non-relational databases and persistence store.
We are interested in every qualified candidate who is eligible to work in the United States. However, we are not able to provide sponsorship at this time or accept candidates who would require a corp-to-corp agreement.
If this position sounds like you, *WE SHOULD TALK!*
We realize our people are our most valuable asset, that is why we offer the following benefits:
* Health, Dental, and Vision insurance
* 401(k) retirement plan
* Long and Short-Term disability
* Life insurance
* Direct deposit
* Referral program
Your better future is ready, and we want to put the right tools in your hands to get you there. Let’s go!
*Keywords:* application developer, python, aws
Looking for more opportunities with Technology Partners? Check out [technologypartners.net/jobs](https://technologypartners.net/jobs/)!
Technology Partners is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Technology Partners does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable state or federal civil rights laws.
* [Apply Now](https://technologypartners.net/jobs/application-developer-python-aws-9368/apply)
* [More Info](https://technologypartners.net/jobs/application-developer-python-aws-9368/)
The post [Application Developer, Python, AWS](https://technologypartners.net/jobs/application-developer-python-aws-9368/) appeared first on [Technology Partners](https://technologypartners.net).
Technology Partners, Inc.