|Date Posted||February 12, 2020|
AWS Embedded Software Engineer (Python) - $110,000-$120,000 - Miami, FL
Our client looking for a candidate to join our growing Engineering team and build out the next generation of our platform. The ideal candidate is a hands-on platform builder with significant experience in developing scalable data platforms.
We're looking for someone with experience in software development, web applications, and analytics. They must have strong, firsthand technical expertise in a variety of configuration management and programming technologies and the proven ability to fashion robust scalable solutions that can manage large data sets. They must be at ease working in an agile environment with little supervision. This person should embody a passion for continuous improvement and test-driven development.
Using technical experience and the desire to troubleshoot technical product issues, the candidate will work with customers and internal staff to resolve issues and maintain a positive relationship.
The candidate will communicate with employees, stakeholders and customers to provide excellent customer service and provide valuable feedback to the product development team.
Responsibilities for Software Engineer
- Analyze, design and develop tests and test-automation suites.
- Design and develop a processing platform using various configuration management technologies.
- Build operational systems that improve business efficiency through advanced tools, automation, and business process integration.
- Provide ongoing maintenance, support and enhancements in existing systems and platforms.
- Collaborate cross-functionally with business users, project managers and other engineers to achieve elegant solutions.
- Provide recommendations for continuous improvement.
- Work alongside other engineers on the team to elevate technology and consistently apply best practices.
- Hands-on experience working with technologies like Python, Linux, AWS, MySQL, and UI frameworks.
- Strong DevOps focus and experience building and deploying infrastructure with cloud deployment technologies like Ansible, chef, puppet, etc.
- Experience with test-driven development and automated testing frameworks.
- Experience with Scrum/Agile development methodologies.
- Capable of delivering on multiple competing priorities with little supervision.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Bachelor's Degree in computer science or equivalent experience.
- We're looking for someone with extensive experience in software development, and preferably familiar with the following software/tools:
- Experience with infrastructure automation technologies like Docker, Vagrant, etc.
- Experience with build automation technologies like Maven, Jenkins, etc.
- Experience with monitoring technologies like Nagios, Ganglia, etc.
- Experience with modern programming languages like Python.
- Experience with building APIs and services using REST.
- Experience with scripting languages like Perl, Shell, etc.
- Preferred Technical Experience
- Proven experience as a software engineer or similar role
- Experience with Python & Database programming
- Experience with HTML, CSS & Web Development Frameworks like React, Vue, etc.
- Extensive experience with Linux environment
- Nice to haves
- Development of test plans, product quality plans, test cases, and scripts for QA and product validation
- Embedded development experience with C a plus
- Experience with VoIP & PBX solutions, porting, DIDs, SIP Trunks, Class 5 PBX functionality and management, and experience with overall VOIP solutions a plus
- Experience with SIP and related protocols a plus
- Experience with routers, device management, and TR-069 / STUN a plus
- Network architecture, LTE/Wi-Fi/WAN/LAN, Customer Network Solutions, and Backbone Architecture & Server Management
- Important Soft Skills
- Ability to conduct technological analyses and research
- Leadership and organizational abilities
- Strategic thinking and problem-solving aptitude
- Ability to actively communicate, inspire and motivate all levels of staff
- Ability to think and act strategically and proactively
- Strong communication & presentation skills working with executives and customers
- Good at problem solving, training others
The client is moving quickly and the interview process is already underway!
To fast-track your application please contact me at:
[Click Here to Email Your Resumé] or call 813-437-6901
Jefferson Frank is a leader in Niche IT Recruitment with a focus on AWS cloud technologies. We deal with AWS Partners & End Users throughout North America. We have open positions and relationships with some of the top partners and end users throughout the US and offer some excellent opportunities in the AWS space. I understand the need for discretion and would welcome the opportunity to speak to any AWS candidates considering a new career or job either now or in the future. Confidentiality is of the utmost importance.
Please see www.jeffersonfrank.com for more information.