AWS Python Developer – Remote
|Published||March 15, 2023|
AWS Python Developer - Remote
Category: Software Development/ Engineering
Main location: United States, District of Columbia
Alternate Location(s): United States, Maryland, Rockville
United States, Maryland, Silver Spring
United States, Virginia, Reston
United States, Virginia, Herndon
United States, Virginia, Sterling
United States, Virginia, Alexandria
United States, Maryland, Frederick
Employment Type: Full Time
CGI has an immediate need for an AWS Python Developer to join our financial services team. This is an exciting opportunity to work in a fast-paced team environment supporting one of the largest leaders in the secondary mortgage industry. We take an innovative approach to supporting our clients, working side-by-side in an agile environment using emerging technologies.
• We partner with 15 of the top 20 banks globally, and our top 10 banking clients have worked with us for an average of 26 years!
• We have over 73,000+ CGI Members in 40 countries and over 5k+ loyal Clients who are leveraging our end-to-end services across the globe
Your future duties and responsibilities:
• Design the architecture for migrating on-premise data warehouse and data marts to the data lake and subsequent vending on AWS Cloud.
• Architect solutions for the design and implementation of Big & Fast Data Infrastructure on AWS cloud using Kafka, Glue, Athena, Redshift, DynamoDB.
• Define information models supporting data assets for complex data structures represented through various data management systems such as a graph, relational and hierarchical databases.
• Guide other teams to design, develop, and deploy data sets and tools that support product use cases.
• Very strong Python development experience where the candidate has worked on several features that is pushed to production (more than 3 years).
• Spark knowledge and PySpark development experience (hands-on coding) which include deploying to EMR or Glue around 3+ years
• Working experience with Lambda, Step functions, SQS & SNS (minimum 2 year)
• Hands on development experience using IDE (PyCharm, IntelliJ, Eclipse etc) 5+ years
• Good knowledge of ETL process
• Should have deployed his project to PROD and preferably done some PROD support
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
• 8+ years of relevant experience.
• Must have AWS data AND application experience
• SQL skills
• Experience using Amazon RDS
• Strong Python skills
• 5 years of AWS experience in Lambda, SNS, and S3 Buckets
• Database systems (SQL and NoSQL)
• Data warehousing solutions
• Nice to have ETL tools experiences in Informatica, Abinitio, or MicroStrategy.
• Data APIs.
• Understanding the basics of distributed systems.
• Knowledge of algorithms and data structures.
AWS Solutions Architect, AWS Developer certifications
Bachelor's degree in computer science, Information Systems or related field
CGI is required by law in some jurisdictions to include a reasonable estimate of the compensation range for this role. The determination of this range includes various factors not limited to: skill set level; experience and training; and licensure and certifications. CGI typically does not hire individuals at or near the top of the range for their role. Compensation decisions are dependent on the facts and circumstances of each case. A reasonable estimate of the current range is $84,000.00 - $186,000.00.
We offer a competitive compensation package where you'll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. In addition, our benefits package includes multiple medical, dental, & vision options, both a Shared Purchase Plan (SPP) for CGI stocks and a 401(k) plan, as well as numerous other lifestyle benefits. CGI also provides sick leave and vacation pay.
- Big Data
What you can expect from us:
Insights you can act on
While technology is at the heart of our clients' digital transformation, we understand that people are at the heart of business success.
When you join CGI, you become a trusted advisor, collaborating with colleagues and clients to bring forward actionable insights that deliver meaningful and sustainable outcomes. We call our employees "members" because they are CGI shareholders and owners and owners who enjoy working and growing together to build a company we are proud of. This has been our Dream since 1976, and it has brought us to where we are today - one of the world's largest independent providers of IT and business consulting services.
At CGI, we recognize the richness that diversity brings. We strive to create a work culture where all belong and collaborate with clients in building more inclusive communities. As an equal-opportunity employer, we want to empower all our members to succeed and grow. If you require an accommodation at any point during the recruitment process, please let us know. We will be happy to assist.
Ready to become part of our success story? Join CGI - where your ideas and actions make a difference.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, pregnancy, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at [Click Here to Email Your Resumé]. You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned.
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held. CGI will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrests and conviction records in accordance with all local regulations and ordinances.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI's legal duty to furnish information.