|Location||Middletown Township, NJ|
|Date Posted||October 23, 2020|
Job Title: Senior Software Engineer (C and Python Programmer)
Location: 200 South Laurel Ave, Middletown, NJ (Currently Remote)
Job Description: The ideal candidate will have a solid computer science background and good experience with C programming and Python in a Linux environment. The primary focus will be on real-time automated analytics on massive amounts of data in a small team inside the Chief Data Office (CDO). The team processes huge amounts of data in near real time where speed and accuracy are key.
- Using programming language and technology, writes code, completes programming and documentation, and performs unit testing and debugging of applications.
- Analyzes, designs, programs, debugs and modifies software enhancements and/or new products used in local, networked, or Internet-related computer programs.
- Attends daily stand up meetings to stay in touch with what everyone is working on and share progress notes.
- Use software development best practices to write code that is maintainable, testable and efficient
- Translates requirements into detailed design specifications.
- Build the content cataloging system for the project
- Write code in C, and potentially Go.
- Track, organize, and accurately document changes made to programming code.
- Support and troubleshoot issues, identify root cause, and proactively implement sustainable solutions
- 10+ Years’ experience in a software development role
- 7+ years of proven project experience coding with C and Python in a Linux environment
- 2+ years of proven project experience with the following items: architecting, designing, implementing, and deploying complex distributed purpose-built systems, production system engineering and configuration management
- Experience with Go programming language and Go database packages
- Experience as the lead developer on a Content Cataloging project
- Experience working in an Agile environment
- Working knowledge of mobile devices using APIs, OS, embedded software, SQL (querying and working with major SQL DBs — e.g. Oracle, Postgres, MySQL, ..), a solid Understanding of TCP/IP networking fundamentals and experience with basic network configuration, shell and basic system administration
- AWS EC2, Kubernetes, Docker
- Working knowledge of Hadoop ecosystem (being able to get data from Hadoop environment and do basic analytics)
- Experience using virtualization at scale: OpenStack, versh
Education: Bachelor of Science Required, Master’s degree preferred