|Date Posted||July 1, 2020|
Oxford Search Group has been engaged by a well-established, profitable, and growing organization that is seeking talented and passionate data engineers to join their Data Analytics/BI team.
The company offers a rich compensation plan with full benefits and perks such as company provided laptop, cell phone, and Pluralsite subscription for all technology professionals.
As a Data Engineer, you will be responsible for all aspects of the software development lifecycle, including design, coding, integration testing, deployment and documentation. You will create and maintain new data applications relying heavily on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. Prior experience designing and developing production solutions is expected.
What you will do:
· Design & Develop custom data warehouse solutions that enable leadership and general users to make informed data driven decisions and address the high demand for data availability in the enterprise.
· Responsible for creating work estimates, technical project plans, and implementation plans
· Research emerging development technologies, products, and processes
· Work collaboratively within an agile project team
· Follow best practices and coding standards
· Grow your personal skill set as well as the skills of the team
· Experience designing data warehouse solutions with strong working SQL knowledge
· Knowledge of databases, data structures, data management, and data manipulation
· Experience creating data models, and data pipelines for acquisition, cleansing, and integration
· Proficient with Microsoft SQL Server
· Experience with Python and/or Apache Spark
· Familiar with distributed architecture a plus
· Demonstrated experience in IT concepts and practices
· Understands and has used software development lifecycles
· Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
· Good communication skills with a customer support orientation
· Excellent problem-solving skills
· Familiar with application lifecycle management tools and source control
Additional Desired Skills:
· SSIS or equivalent ETL tool
· Azure / AWS
· R or Python