|Location||Round Rock, TX|
|Date Posted||November 11, 2020|
- The position is for a Development Engineer to work in the Server Storage engineering team. The Server Storage engineering team develops emerging server storage solutions spanning multiple implementations, including Hardware RAID solutions, Software RAID, and PCIe SSD products within Dell EMC’s Server and Infrastructure Systems organization. The Server Storage organization is closely tied to other development organizations, including the server and storage enclosure platform teams, operating system teams, systems management and mechanical teams.
- The Development Engineer is responsible for working on special assignments and prototype projects that are moderately complex in nature, where good judgment is required in resolving problems and making routine recommendations.
- The candidate will participate in the coding of development and automation tools and of coding test cases using coding skills Python and C++.
- The candidate will work in a team environment but will often execute their tasks independently. In addition, they will independently construct, troubleshoot, and test prototype designs as well as assist engineers in test phase of prototype systems.
- In addition to the coding responsibilities, the candidate may also be involved in testing early development level solution components and assisting to triage issues found during test.
· The candidate will be responsible to help design and code new innovative server storage development and automation tools for various server storage products.
· Perform design verification and characterization on Dell’s server storage products.
· Troubleshoot and repair systems to the component level.
· Set up, configure, and test prototype systems and software.
· Perform and design test plans and test cases for the new software.
· Perform functional tests and analyze newly developed systems to ensure operation and reliability.
· Assemble and disassemble prototype systems as necessary.
· Assist other engineers in completing assigned tasks.
· Able to work on assignments that are moderately complex in nature where judgment is required in resolving problems and making routine recommendations.
· Must be W2
· In depth knowledge of Microsoft Server OSes, VMWare ESXi, Red Hat, SuSE, & Ubuntu Linux OSes & debug for these OS’s
· This is a programming role, solid concepts of high-level programming languages (Python and C/C++) required
· Solid working knowledge of using APIs & programming using library frameworks
· Design & product development exp. with Enterprise Storage products
· Strong working knowledge of key RAID concepts (striping, caching, parity, failure & recovery, redundancy, storage performance, & hardware acceleration)
· Solution level knowledge of firmware; device drivers; server & storage mgmt. strategies
· Ability to drive complex technical issues to root cause
· Exp. with PCI-e, SAS, SATA, & SCSI protocols helpful
· Exp. with virtual environments(VMs)
· Understanding of hardware & software interactions & be able to apply this understanding to resolve issues
· Detail-oriented with attention to product quality
· Strong verbal & written comm.
· Ability to manage multiple programs and/or areas at same time
· Strong problem solving & analysis skills
· Ability in organizing & managing multiple projects, setting priorities & working independently under aggressive timelines
· Able to easily achieve mastery of new tools, languages & operating systems
· Proficient in reading & understanding technical data sheets & specifications
· Able to lift servers to assist racking server & storage equipment