|Date Posted||December 21, 2021|
ECS is seeking a Jr-Intermediate Back-end (Java, Python, Oracle PL/SQL) Developer to work in our Memphis, TN office.
This position will perform and have the following duties, roles, and/or responsibilities:
- Must be proficient in one or more of the following languages (Java, Python, Oracle PL/SQL).
- Develop, revise, and maintain complex programs using Java, Python or Oracle PL/SQL.
- Ability to develop and maintain complex programming constructs.
- Knowledge of high data loading and ETL concepts.
- Experience utilizing partitions for data processing, archiving and retrieval.
- Experience with remote data (via REST and JSON), Open source REST simulation tools, Chrome Post Man and knowledge of the HTTP protocol
- Jr to Intermediate level skills in Java & J2EE especially web service and Python.
- Experience in code modularization, Micro Services, and deployment strategies.
- Experience exporting, transforming and importing metadata.
- Develop and revise program code based on clearly or loosely defined requirements.
- Prepares documentation and draft test plans for system tests, integration test, and stress tests.
- Displays effective communication skills and the ability to work in a team environment.
- Display capabilities to troubleshoot, maintain and resolve production level applications.
- Assist functional groups in testing and implementation of new features and enhancements
- US citizen or Green Card Holder and must be able to obtain a Public Trust clearance
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, Business Management or equivalent.
- Participate in an on-call rotation for after hours and weekend support.
- 2-6 Years development experience in: SQL, Oracle PL/SQL, Java Server-Side, Python
- Should be able to integrate Java server-side applications with API's and Front-end UI.
- Should be able to create and maintain ETL Processes across different environments and/or programming languages
- Experience developing on Linux platform
- Experience developing Unix shell scripts
- 6-9 years of progressively more complex programming experience in large scale information system environments
- Experience with GIT and Jira
- Knowledge of Software Development Lifecycle
- Familiarity with Agile Scrum methodology
- Experience with CI/CD
- Experience developing on multiple platforms including Windows and Linux
- Experience with Azure or AWS cloud services
- Strong unit testing and debugging skills
- Ability to work in an agile, collaborative environment where a wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected.
ECS is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, veteran status or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law. ECS promotes affirmative action for minorities, women, disabled persons, and veterans.
ECS is a leading mid-sized provider of technology services to the United States Federal Government. We are focused on people, values and purpose. Every day, our 3000+ employees focus on providing their technical talent to support the Federal Agencies and Departments of the US Government to serve, protect and defend the American People.