Lead Python Developer
|Published||March 8, 2023|
|Location||Jersey City, NJ|
Come Work with Us!
At RBC, our culture is deeply supportive and rich in opportunity and reward. You will help our clients thrive and our communities prosper, empowered by a spirit of shared purpose.
Whether you're helping clients find new opportunities, developing new technology, or providing expert advice to internal partners, you will be doing work that matters in the world, in an environment built on teamwork, service, responsibility, diversity, and integrity.
Lead Python Developer
What is the opportunity?
At RBC, our culture is deeply supportive and rich in opportunity and reward. You will help our clients thrive and our communities prosper, empowered by a spirit of shared purpose. Whether you're helping clients find new opportunities, developing new technology, or providing expert advice to internal partners, you will be doing work that matters in the world, in an environment built on teamwork, service, responsibility, diversity, and integrity.
At this role, you'll contribute broadly to data engineering efforts across RBC Site Reliability Engineering (SRE) innovative product suites. You'd be responsible for designing, building, and managing various data platforms to support business processes, advanced analytics, and new technology development focused on creative engineering solutions to operations problems. For example, optimizing existing systems to reduce toil and building new tools to implement the measure prescribed through collaboration with Senior SRE leaders. You'll be part of a team specifically built to meet and exceed corporate technology needs while complying with SRE best practices.
What will you do?
- Work as a member of the team to build complex, and highly visible solutions in support of multiple data-oriented projects.
- Work closely with stakeholders to ensure successful data asset design and development.
- Engineer end-to-end data solutions on both on-prem and cloud infrastructure
- Build and support real-time and batch data ingestion pipelines leveraging modern Python streaming tools like Airflow.
- Develop and integrate APIs to enhance data intelligence of existing tools and feed the analytics engine.
What do you need to succeed?
- Extensive experience in analyzing, developing, and managing enterprise level application using Python.
- Hands-on experience with Requests, NumPy, SciPy, Pandas, and other data related Python libraries.
- Excellent working knowledge of relational databases, SQLite, MySQL, MSSQL, and PostgreSQL
- Extensive experience working with Data APIs (Working with REST endpoints and/or SOAP)
Nice to Have
- Proficient in Elasticsearch querying, and Kibana visualization.
- Experience in developing web applications using Pythons, Django, and Flask.
- Experience in working with number of public and private cloud platforms like AWS, Azure, and OCP.
- Familiarity with cloud-based applications and CICD pipelines
RBC is committed to supporting flexible work arrangements when and where available. Details to be discussed with Hiring Manager.
What's in it for you?
We thrive on the challenge to be our best, progressive thinking to keep growing, and working together to deliver trusted advice to help our clients thrive and communities prosper. We care about each other, reaching our potential, making a difference to our communities, and achieving success that is mutual.
- Leaders who support your development through coaching and managing opportunities
- Flexible work/life balance options
- Ability to make a difference and lasting impact.
- Work in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing team
- Opportunities to take on progressively greater accountabilities.
The good-faith expected salary range for the above position is $130,000 - $160,000 depending on factors including but not limited to the candidate's experience, skills, registration status; market conditions; and business needs. This salary range does not include other elements of total compensation, including a discretionary bonus and benefits such as a 401(k) program with company-matching contributions; health, dental, vision, life and disability insurance; and paid time-off plan.
RBC's compensation philosophy and principles recognize the importance of a highly qualified global workforce and plays a critical role in attracting, engaging and retaining talent that:
• Drives RBC's high-performance culture
• Enables collective achievement of our strategic goals
• Generates sustainable shareholder returns and above market shareholder value
Jersey City, New Jersey, United States of America
United States of America
Technology and Operations
Inclusion and Equal Opportunity Employment
At RBC, we embrace diversity and inclusion for innovation and growth. We are committed to building inclusive teams and an equitable workplace for our employees to bring their true selves to work. We are taking actions to tackle issues of inequity and systemic bias to support our diverse talent, clients and communities.
We also strive to provide an accessible candidate experience for our prospective employees with different abilities. Please let us know if you need any accommodations during the recruitment process.
Join our Talent Community
Stay in-the-know about great career opportunities at RBC. Sign up and get customized info on our latest jobs, career tips and Recruitment events that matter to you.
Expand your limits and create a new future together at RBC. Find out how we use our passion and drive to enhance the well-being of our clients and communities at rbc.com/careers.