|Published||September 19, 2022|
About this role:
The Enterprise Functions Technology (EFT) group provides technology solutions and support for Risk, Audit, Finance, Marketing, Human Resources, Corporate Properties, and Stakeholder Relations business lines. In addition, EFT provides unique technology solutions and innovation for Wells Fargo Technology, Enterprise Shared Services, and Enterprise Data Management. This combined portfolio of applications and tools are continually engineered to meet the challenges of stability, security, scalability, and speed.
Within EFT the Corporate Risk Technology (CRT) group helps all Wells Fargo businesses identify and manage risk. We focus on three key risk areas: credit risk, operational risk, and market risk. We help our management and Board of Directors identify and monitor risks that may affect multiple lines of business and take appropriate action when business activities exceed the risk tolerance of the company.
The Calculation Services group in Corporate Risk Technology is seeking a Lead Specialty Software Engineer in the role of a Lead Software Engineer - leading our Python Big Data Pipeline Tooling & API Development within its Risk Model Development and Forecasting platform technology team.
We make extensive use of Spark, Rest API's, Django, and Django DRF to develop and maintain a comprehensive SDK and Framework to enable self-service development, deployment, and end to end Batch and Real time Forecasting solutions available to our business. While we focus on integrating with Open-Source Apache and Linux Foundation AI & Data products, we also integrate with the latest commercial solutions like AtScale, Dremio, H2O.AI, Tableau and more through an API first integration strategy.
In this role, you will:
- Lead complex initiatives on selected domains.
- Lead, design, develop, test and implement applications and system components, tools and utilities, models, simulation, and analytics to manage complex business functions using sophisticated technologies.
- Standing up cutting-edge analytical capabilities, leveraging automation, cognitive and science-based techniques to manage data and models, and drive operational efficiency by offering continuous insights and improvements.
- Help in the design and implementation of algorithms and tools for analytics and data scientist teams.
- Resolve coding, testing and escalated platform issues of a technically challenging nature
- Use a variety of languages, tools and frameworks to unify data and systems.
- Collaborate with modelers, developers, DevOps and project managers to attain project goals.
- Mentor less experienced software engineers.
- Collaborate and influence all levels of professionals including managers.
- Strong understanding of Python code, CI/CD deployment and test automation suites.
- Drive a culture of automation, test coverage.
- Architect for Micro Services, API, Cloud Native and Headless Architecture - Decoupling the frontend and backend of the technology stack.
Required Qualifications, US:
- 5+ years of Specialty Software Engineering experience, or equivalent demonstrated through one or a combination of the following: work experience, training, military experience, education
- 5+ years of experience in Python
- 5+ years of experience in BI/Reporting with an extensive experience in Big Data environment including: Hadoop/HDFS, Distributed Computing, Hive schema/tables/views and partitioned tables
- 5+ years of experience in Data Pipeline engineering for relational/SQL (Oracle, SQL-Server, Teradata) and no-SQL databases such as MongoDB
- A Master's degree or higher in Computer Science, Financial Modeling, or related field
- Basic knowledge of industry-wide regulations related to building technological solutions
- 5+ years of experience operating in an Agile Software Development team
- 2+ year of experience in Oracle
- 2+ years of experience in Kubernetes
- 2+ years of experience with building, deploying, and securing cloud platforms.
- 2+ years of experience in RESTful API design and development
- 2+ years of experience in H2O software or Keras with TensorFlow
- Experience designing & building reusable solutions to in data work stream of model development life cycle
- Experience in creating APIs using python, preferably Django and DRF
- Leadership skills to drive the work stream technically
- Extensive understanding of banking domain with emphasis on risk and finance forecasting
- Strong in data science python libraries like NumPy, Pandas and SciPy
- Ability to design and build reusable data pipeline solutions to in data work stream of model development life cycle
- In-depth understanding on story estimations, design reviews, code reviews and quality code delivery
- Knowledge and understanding of DevOps principles
- Ability to travel up to 10% of the time
We Value Diversity
At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace; accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, individuals with disabilities, pregnancy, marital status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Employees support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit's risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in US: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in Canada: Applications for employment are encouraged from all qualified candidates, including women, persons with disabilities, aboriginal peoples and visible minorities. Accommodation for applicants with disabilities is available upon request in connection with the recruitment process.