|Date Posted||January 28, 2021|
TEKsystems is seeking a Linux Engineer specializing in Red Hat 7/8 with the ability to create scripts within python and Ansible in support of a cloud services group that enables an end-to-end journey from On-Premise to Cloud, with opportunities in Cloud Strategy and Op Model Transformation, Cloud Development & Integration, Cloud Migration, and Cloud Infrastructure & Managed Services. THIS IS NOT A ADMINISTRATION POSITION AND MORE OF A ENGINEER TO AUTOMATION OPENING. This position will focus on the Red Hat, Ansible Tower component, which adds a centralized dashboard with inventory management and job scheduling to the already powerful Ansible automation.
Experience with scripting / automation technologies is a must
• Identifies and proactively resolves issues that could impact application / server performance, reliability, and usability.
• Possess an understanding of source control, continuous integration, infrastructure, automation, deployment, container and cloud technologies
• Administering Puppet for automated Linux system and configuration management
• Strong programming skills implementing infrastructure-as-code in Bash, Python, and Ansible
• Experience in supporting an enterprise Linux environment, including configuring and managing access to NFS file system shares and Active Directory
integration with RHEL/CentOS
• Must be able to create playbooks within Ansible
• Must be able to build scripts from scratch with both bash and python
• Must be able to gauge the effectiveness and efficiency of UNIX, Linux, and Windows based infrastructure; develop and implement strategies for
improving or further leveraging these systems.
• Experience with containers and container orchestration tools like Red Hat OpenShift and Kubernetes.
• Experience with extensive testing via CI (Continuous Integration) (Very important)
• Good written and verbal communication skills
• Engineer must be able to work closely with Engineering and Product teams to identify and implement solutions that meet production, QA,
development, and administrative needs in Linux-based environments
• Assisting multiple development teams with creating new dataflows, running exiting flows to improve performance, integrating with external web
services and APIs, and developing supportable systems through automation and notifications.
jira, Linux, linux red hat, Red Hat 7/8, continuous deployment, python, bash scripting, python scripting, api development, Window server builds, ansible, Experience with scripting / automation technologies is a must
We're partners in transformation. We help clients activate ideas and solutions to take advantage of a new world of opportunity. We are a team of 80,000 strong, working with over 6,000 clients, including 80% of the Fortune 500, across North America, Europe and Asia. As an industry leader in Full-Stack Technology Services, Talent Services, and real-world application, we work with progressive leaders to drive change. That's the power of true partnership. TEKsystems is an Allegis Group company.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.