|Published||November 17, 2022|
This full-time, remote senior software architect role will be responsible for developing and expanding a unique software platform that helps other software companies go carbon neutral or negative. As the position is with a dedicated, hypergrowth start-up, the engineer-architect in this role will wear many hats, writing scalable code, developing backend components, and integrating user-facing elements.
The most successful software engineers-architects for this role will possess deep knowledge of Python and AWS, as well as experience with object-relational mapping and server-side logic. The position will engage in API development and developing digital tools to monitor online traffic. Developers will advance and expand the company’s core software product as well as their own engineering and architecture expertise. Architects in this role will love the company’s good mission and working with a dynamic team of self-starters.
Required Skills & Experience
- BS or MS in computer science, management information systems, or related major required
- 6+ years software engineer lead or architecture experience with an emphasis on Python, object-relational mapping, and server-side logic
- Extensive experience with Python
Desired Skills & Experience
- Ability to work closely with developers on a small and ambitious team
- Good familiarity with AWS and API development
What You Will Be Doing
- 60% Python architecture and mapping
- 20% API development
- 20% AWS
- 40% Architecture and mapping projects
- 40% Python code writing and testing
- 20% Cloud work
- Bonus eligible
You will receive the following benefits:
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Benefits
- Vision Benefits
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the US on a full-time basis now and in the future.