|Location||Los Angeles, CA|
|Date Posted||May 23, 2020|
Ekman Associates, Inc. is a Southern California based company focused on the following services: Management Consulting, Professional Staffing Solutions and Executive Recruiting.
Key Skill Set:
- Cloud Development including Serverless technology
- Experience with natural language processing and meaning extraction from text using NLTK or spaCy
- Experience manipulating datasets in code with tools such as pandas and numpy
- Hands-on experience managing distributed systems and clusters
- Experience with distributed messaging services such as Kafka
- Familiar with deployment and operations in cloud infrastructure (e.g., AWS)
- Python with AWS managed service experience
- Work in an agile software development team to complete backlog items, working in conjunction with other developers and engineers internally and from external companies.
- Act as scrum master in some projects, identifying and assigning new work for other engineers.
- Test and create automated tests for your code, ensuring every function, service, and object is compatible with your team’s work and with the many systems within the system portfolio.
- Act as a development leader, help to formulate best practices and setting up toolsets and procedures for the team, leveraging internally available tools and communicating with other internal development & product teams.
- Stay up-to-date on new development and platform technologies, make recommendations for the right tool for the job, and take the lead in setting up those tools and training other developers on them.
- Communicate with business partners around to understand the needs of the user and implement those ideas in software.
- Create documentation for developers as well as business users to help them understand your products.
- Maintain cloud-based platforms and environments of supported applications, troubleshooting and patching functional issues and data issues in lower or production environments when necessary.
- Enable large-scale application and data migrations to cloud infrastructure and leverage cloud-native enabling technologies.