|Location||San Jose, CA|
|Date Posted||September 1, 2020|
Contract to Hire
We are seeking a Python Developer for an exciting opportunity with a fast growing client in sunny California. The ideal candidate can be located anywhere, but must be able to work Pacific Time Hours. This person must have a true engineering background and have experience in an Ecommerce environment B2B and B2C.
You will have the ability to build out exciting new products and maintain core software platforms (web applications, integrated architecture, customized application stacks and a data processing/analytics platform).
In addition to developing, enhancing and maintaining applications using relational, NoSQL, Java, Python and additional specialized databases, you will troubleshoot and identify root causes of complex technical issues. You will also collaborate with internal partners to anticipate challenges, mitigate risks, and track and monitor trends to proactively solve problems.
• 8+ years of professional software development experience
• 5+ years of experience working in Python
• Good exposure in Microservices architecture
• Working knowledge of cloud technologies
• Understanding of the threading limitations of Python and multi process architecture
• Hands on Kafka experience in streaming data
• Experience with at least one web framework
• Performance optimization and problem diagnosis
• Developing a highly concurrent and distributed system
• Knowledge of version control and build tools such as Git, Github, IntelliJ and Jira preferred
• Designing/Developing for high availability
• Designing/Developing and testing new features
• Supporting release and documentation of developed features
• Help define coding standards and development processes