|Date Posted||June 16, 2021|
Sunnova is a leader in residential solar, battery storage and system protection services, with customers across the U.S. and its territories. We are your source for clean, affordable, and reliable energy, with a simple mission: to power energy independence so our customers have the freedom to live life uninterrupted.
Founded in 2012 and headquartered in Houston, Texas, we work to attract and retain only the best people who have the potential to make us better than we are today. We are always looking for talented and motivated individuals who thrive in a fast-paced, continuous improvement environment and want to change the world of energy.
The primary role of the Python Developer is to enhance and support our existing custom solutions and implement new applications on the AWS and Heroku platforms. The successful candidate will offer a background in object-oriented development, strong understanding of middle-tier development and integration with other systems including Salesforce.
- Develop custom software applications, features and enhancements to Sunnova’s suite of applications built on the AWS and Heroku platforms.
- Utilize in-depth knowledge of cloud-based, web development in SaaS/PaaS environments to create unique applications focused on business efficiency.
- Take ownership of product problems and issues, proactively working with QA, Release Management and business units.
- Adhere to and govern coding best practices within the Python development environment.
- Work in all phases of the software development life cycle including functional analysis, development of technical requirements, prototyping, coding, testing, deployment, and support
- Find, analyze and fix bugs/performance problems whenever and wherever they may occur.
- Organize and prioritize individual workload with scrum team in order to meet required deadlines.
- Work as a member of a team, accept ownership of work and actively contribute to team discussions.
- Participate in daily scrums, work with Scrum Master and QA Team on projects and supports delivery timelines and priorities
- Design, document and present solutions to senior leaders in IT
- Solve problems independently with limited supervision
- Work effectively in a matrix environment where 1) day-to-day tasks are determined and executed on agile/scrum team under the leadership of a scrum master and 2) career development and coaching, goal setting, performance evaluations and issue escalation are coordinated through a separate manager
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent, preferably in computer science, software engineering or information systems
- 2+ years of experience with Python development is required
- 1+ years of experience with AWS infrastructure services like AWS Lambda or AWS Batch
- Strong experience working with relational databases such as PostgreSQL.
- Expert level with writing SQL
- Solid knowledge of web services including HTTP protocol, REST, and JSON.
- Experience with GitHub, CI CD Tools like Bamboo/Jenkins.
- Experience designing and developing automated data processing and data pipelines in Python
- Ability to abstract, refactor, and package reusable code for broad use.
- Expert-level Python programming and test-driven development initiatives
- Expert with handling large data volumes
- Experience with Python packages like NumPy & Pandas or equivalent.
- Experience developing in containerized environments (Docker)
- Knowledge of optimizing processes by parallelization in Python
- Desire to develop in-depth understanding of Sunnova’s business and how it relates to our enterprise systems and software.
- Comfortable with Linux and Windows Environment
- Quick learner, deep thinker, excellent problem solver and a team player.
- Solid analytical skills
- Ability to communicate effectively and persuasively with a variety of internal and external parties
- Ability to identify opportunities for technical improvements in specific processes and recommend solutions
Location: HOUSTON, TX - OR - REMOTE
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you are selected for a position, your employment will be contingent upon submission to and successful completion of a post-offer/pre-placement drug test (and medical examination if required by the role) as well as pre-placement verification of the information and qualifications provided during the selection process.