|Published||December 18, 2021|
CGI Federal is currently seeking a Python Developer to join our solutions engineering team to develop dynamic software applications.
Your future duties and responsibilities
• Writing effective and scalable Python codes
• Designing and implementing robust applications
• Debugging applications to ensure low-latency and high-availability
• Integrating user-facing elements with server-side logic
• Implementing security and data protection
• Accommodating various data storage solutions
Required qualifications to be successful in this role
• Three (3+) years of experience writing production object-oriented Python in a professional setting
• Proactively facilitate open communication, collective decision-making, thorough reviews, and other engineering practices that create performant, scalable systems
• Confident with Git, GitHub/GitLab, and common Git-based development workflows
• Demonstrated proficiency with JSON APIs
• Experience with Python modules such as Flask, Numpy, etc
• Experience building full Python applications
• Experience converting older applications to use newer technologies
• Experience with continuous testing and/or continuous development
• Experience with procedural and object-oriented development
• Significant experience working with server-side and front-end technologies and leveraging common design patterns (e.g. MVC) for coding such systems.
• Ability to work cooperatively in a team environment and coordinate code submissions using version control
• Experience with shell scripting
• Experience with NoSQL database systems
• Experience with APIs/backend code written in other languages
• Demonstrated proficiency working with the LAMP stack (Linux, Apache, MySQL, PHP)
• Proficiency in extracting data from major relational databases, non-relational databases, data warehouses
• Knowledge of graph databases like neo4j and Amazon Neptune
• Strong organizational and communication skills
• Ability to manage multiple tasks and prioritize workload based on the needs of the client
• Ability to deal with ambiguity and frequent changes in priorities
• Ability to work with minimal supervision
• Excellent technical writing skills and proven experience on systems with complex requirements
• Excellent teamwork and interpersonal skills with the ability to team with others to meet project objectives
• Understanding of the system development lifecycle as implemented with Agile; SAFe knowledge a plus
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change-supporting our clients' digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com .
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, pregnancy, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at [Click Here to Email Your Resumé] . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned.
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held. CGI will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrests and conviction records in accordance with all local regulations and ordinances.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI's legal duty to furnish information.
- DevOps Engineering