|Published||June 22, 2022|
|Job Type||Full-time Contract to Hire|
Title: Python Developer
Duration: 12 months
Location: NY, NJ and Remote
- Understand the front to back flow of the application and create scripts in Python to analyze the issues with application components.
- Have regular routines with stakeholders & epic owners to finalize and execute the regression test plans for all the releases and milestones across the application.
- Create a well-defined automated regression process to accommodate changes from upstream and downstream systems.
- Build monitoring and scripting tools to proactively execute and identify the issues before Go-Live.
- Candidates should understand that most of code written these days is enhancing existing platforms - A lot of the work being done over next 5 years is strategic rebuild of existing tech stack
- Understand stakeholder needs to help envision and create a solution to solve a problem.
- Ensure changes to the application are compliant with bank standards and policies.
- Participate in continuous improvement efforts to create, analyze, and improve processes and solutions.
- Resource is expected to work with the Business Analysts, Application Team, Data Stewards from other streams to identify and resolve application issues.
- Front office tech stacks developed in house and tools used within it have been developed in house.
- COURTS is technology stack is internally developed
- Prefers smart developers first, exact background 2nd highest priority
- Minimum of three years of python development experience. If they only have 3, they should have a JAVA background prior to getting into Python. Python should be recent!
- Deliver trade data from all lines of business to whomever needs it
- Must have used Python as a large system Developer not just as a scripting language
- This group primarily does backend / server side development rather than UI - so backend development experience is a MUST!
- Rest, Hadoop, kafka - experience with at least one of these is required!
- Resource will be working with multi region, multi time zone with distributed systems
- Experience managing a global team and collaborating with other teams on a wide scale.
- Working Experience in any of the Automation tools
- Strong problem solving skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent time management and prioritization skills.
Nice to Have:
- Looking for someone who has built large platforms in Java prior to Python experience. That is the ideal candidate!
- Trade management, front office trading,
- Fixed income currencies and commodities - less organization intel when it comes to equities business *this is a huge plus
- Front end development experience is a plus
- Preferred to have Banking and Financial Domain experience.