|Published||October 4, 2022|
|Job Type||Contractor Full-time|
Find your more with Mohawk!
At Mohawk Industries, we’re committed to more – more customer solutions, more process improvements, more sustainable manufacturing and more opportunities for our people.
As a Fortune 500, global flooring leader with some of the best-known brands in the industry, Mohawk is a great place to start or develop your career with an emphasis on more of what’s important to you. Come find your “more” with Mohawk!
What we need:
Mohawk is looking for a Software Developer (Python) who can do more for all Mohawk North America brands across residential, distributor and builder multifamily divisions.
The Software Developer works under general direction from basic specifications or a senior team member to code, test, debug and document applications using standard procedures or guidelines. May assist senior programmers in the development of applications of a more complex nature. Learns and applies techniques to maintain and modify existing applications and to design and create new applications. Work assignments are aimed more at user need than training, but work is still subject to regular review by more experienced team members.
What you’ll do:
- Follows detail design specifications or specific directions to develop, test, debug and document application programs for review and approval. Works with senior team members to identify errors and/or deficiencies in specifications and to make required modifications or enhancements.
- Develops necessary technical and user documentation standards, procedures and requirements.
- Interprets and follows oral and/or written instructions to perform testing procedures; identifies inconsistencies, program failures, program errors, improvements and informs task leader accordingly. Seeks the input and advice of senior team members to resolve operating deficiencies, ensure output quality and adherence to standards.
- Takes the initiative to continuously improve job specific knowledge, skills and competencies.
- Performs other duties as required
What you have:
- Education focus degree in Computer Science, Business Administration, Engineering or related discipline with an information technology focus, or an equivalent combination of education and training that provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities to perform the essential functions of the job
- 1+ year of proven expertise with Core Python programming
- Experience working with numpy library
- Good understanding of image processing techniques using opencv or pillow libraries
- Experience working with PyQt or PySide GUI frameworks
- Good understanding of Object-oriented concepts
- Can optimize code components for maximum performance
- Willingness to learn and code using given python module or library per project demands
What you’re good at:
- Good oral, written, presentation and interpersonal communications skills; ability to effectively interact with internal and external customer and team members
- Ability to work effectively in a diverse work group, ability to exercise good judgment, problem solving ability and resourcefulness in the absence of formalized guidelines and procedures.
- Ability to perform in a high- pressure environment and/or crisis situation, while maintaining safety and ensure adherence to Corporate Code of Conduct and interpret and follow written or oral instructions, set priorities, handle multiple tasks with concentration speed and accuracy to meet deadlines
- Good analytical skills to interpret, adapt, known methods, system procedures or operating concepts to identify and resolve problems.
- Experience working with any of the web frameworks (django, django-rest-framework desired)
- Experience building APIs and RESTful services
- Cloud computing knowledge
- Normal office environment
- While we’re a primarily in-office team, we thrive on flexibility and ensuring our people can balance personal and professional time
- We’re located in a pretty great spot – check out this video to see what we mean
Mohawk Industries is a leading global flooring manufacturer that creates products to enhance residential and commercial spaces around the world. Mohawk’s vertically integrated manufacturing and distribution processes provide competitive advantages in the production of carpet, rugs, ceramic tile, laminate, wood, stone and vinyl flooring. Our industry-leading innovation has yielded products and technologies that differentiate our brands in the marketplace and satisfy all remodeling and new construction requirements. Our brands are among the most recognized in the industry and include American Olean, Daltile, Durkan, IVC, Karastan, Marazzi, Mohawk, Mohawk Home, Pergo, and Quick-Step. During the past decade, Mohawk has transformed its business from an American carpet manufacturer into the world’s largest flooring company with operations in Australia, Brazil, Canada, Europe, India, Malaysia, Mexico, New Zealand, Russia and the United States.
Mohawk Industries, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer including disability/veteran committed to an inclusive workplace and a proud Drugs Don’t Work participant.