|Published||November 14, 2022|
Our Client is a leading global market maker, using algorithmic trading and advanced technology to buy and sell securities on multiple trading venues worldwide. They provide liquidity to the financial markets, driving efficiencies for buyers and sellers.
Founded in 1989, they're an ambitious, innovative company and identified early on the importance technology would play in the fast-paced evolution of trading. This entrepreneurial spirit still drives us today and can be found in all of our offices around the world.
now operate globally from offices in Europe, the US and Asia Pacific. Our employees work closely together in multidisciplinary teams, making our success possible.
Technology - For our client, technology is not a department, it is at the heart of everything they do. Their technologists push the limits of possibility, and then look beyond. In their fast-paced environment, short feedback loops mean projects worked on in the morning can enter production the next day.
Trading – Although their traders come from many backgrounds they all have one thing in common: they are at their best solving complex problems. Their insight into global events, market shifts and pricing ensure we are trading in the right place, at the right time.
"Our employees are our greatest asset so we give them lots of responsibility and the support they need to make a difference. Our flat structure fosters a culture of openness and collaboration, encouraging the sharing of ideas and knowledge. It makes no difference if you have been with us for three days or three years, the best idea wins.
While we work hard, we also have a lot of fun; whether solving complex challenges or in team building, leisure and sporting activities. IMC also enables its employees to contribute towards a better society through our foundation."
SENIOR PYTHON DEVELOPER / ULTRA LOW-LATENCY PERFORMANCE
Trading nowadays happens in a highly competitive technological landscape; the best trading idea alone doesn’t cut it anymore. Instead, only the best trading ideas that are enabled via robust, scalable and fast technology win.
Do you enjoy the process of problem solving, a process where you recognize areas of improvement and iterate and innovate to improve? Does your curiosity and desire to learn drive you? Do you believe that we can understand the world through statistical modelling? Do you have a strong desire for dissecting technology, reverse engineering and understanding how things work under the cover?
If you answered yes to any of the questions above, you might be just the right match!
ULTRA LOW-LATENCY PERFORMANCE ENGINEERING
As a Senior Python Developer at IMC you will join a team of technologists and statisticians trying to quantify the technology behind the markets - a new breed of quants, focusing on technology rather than on financial markets. You will:
- Own architecture and design of our data analytics platforms to meet the rapidly evolving needs of a modern trading firm that consistently pushes technical boundaries.
- Grow junior engineers in object oriented and best coding practices.
- Improve our code abstractions to achieve simpler, more elegant and reusable code.
- Be at forefront of Python and data analytics developments to ensure IMC’s technology advantage
- Work closely with other technology teams (locally and globally) to drive global thinking, information sharing, and sustainable, long-term solutions.
WHAT MAKES IT FUN?
- One of the most fun aspects of the job is that we have a very quick feedback loop. We release early and often to get incremental benefits as they are developed
- We operate at the bleeding edge of technology. If something new can potentially bring an advantage we will actively invest in developing and utilizing the solution
- We really believe in sharing knowledge and technology between the different offices. Much of our technology stack is shared between all 3 regions, and we provide opportunities to travel between the regions both for personal growth and to assist where it has the biggest impact.
- To get the best results we encourage everybody to gain understanding of both the trading strategy and how exchanges work on a technological level.
- Working at IMC is also an opportunity to learn about financial markets. We know from experience that a lot of people really enjoy learning about a field beyond their immediate area of expertise, it’s one of the things that makes this job more interesting than others.
- We employ a broad range of people with varying backgrounds. What they have in common is their superior technical expertise, their extraordinary smarts and their collaborative approach. We will not accept less.
WHO YOU ARE:
- 5+ years experience as a python developer working as an individual contributor.
- Familiarity with building significant scale projects in Python from inception and design to execution, deployment and testing.
- Detailed experience with Python language fundamentals, able to write both OO and functional style code.
- Agile style development approach using iteration with users, gathering feedback and an ability to quickly and confidently affect changes in your code backed by a solid CI pipeline and test coverage.
- DevOps style application deployment and operational experience: You should be able to stand behind your code, roll it out and ensure it meets users’ needs.
- Experience with major python analysis libraries such as pandas, numpy, pyspark is highly desirable, especially in relation to optimization of performance on large data analytics.
- Experience using Hadoop Ecosystem tools such as HDFS, Hive, Impala, Spark et al is a plus given our large scale use of Hadoop.
- Experience with developing distributed systems, micro services and streaming APIs (e.g. kafka) is a plus.
- Experience of operating at scale on distributed systems using container orchestration methods such as kubernetes is a plus.