|Published||November 20, 2022|
- Position: Python Developer
- Location: Pennington, NJ, Charlotte, NC, New York, NY, Plano, TX, Atlanta, GA, Phoenix, AZ, Wilmington, DE, Richmond, VA, Jacksonville, FL or Kennesaw, GA
- Onsite: Must be on site 3 days a week after Perm
- Duration: 3-4 month Contract to hire
- About the Organization: One of the world's largest financial institutions, serving individuals, small- and middle-market businesses and large corporations with a full range of banking, investing, asset management and other financial and risk management products and services.
- Project: Modernization of internal-use and customer-facing applications.
- Tech Stacks/Programming Languages: Python, Pandas Or Numpy, and Rest API
- Compensation: 62-70/hr range depending on level of experience and location
Overview: Responsible for developing and delivering complex software requirements to accomplish business goals. Ensures that software is developed to meet functional, non-functional, and compliance requirements. Codes solutions, unit tests, and ensures the solution can be integrated successfully into the overall application/system with clear, robust and well-tested interfaces. Contributes to story refinement/defining requirements. Participates and guides team in estimating work necessary to realize a story/requirement through the delivery lifecycle. Assists team with resolving technical complexities involved in realizing story work. Contributes to existing test suites (integration, regression, performance); Analyzes test reports, identifies any test issues/errors; Triages the underlying cause. Documents and communicates required information for deployment, maintenance, support, and business functionality.
- Pandas or Numpy
- REST API development experience
- Relational database experience (Oracle or SQL Server)
- SQL querying--stored procedures, joins, triggers
- Unit testing (they're using Pytest)
Nice to Haves:
- Flask or Django
- NoSQL databases
- Containerization (Docker/Kubernetes)
- Financial services experience
Years of Experience: 5+ ideal, will consider 3-4 for strong candidates
Team size: 8-10 per scrum team, 2 week sprint cycles
Soft skills: Ability to communicate remotely (via Teams, Zoom, etc) is important. Proactive communication.