|Date Posted||May 20, 2020|
Travel Required: None
Public Trust: None
Requisition Type: Regular
The application interacts with enterprise SQL Server databases, and RESTful web services using JSON. Development may be done in both Windows and Linux environments using Python 3.6. The existing code for the application to be ported was written in Perl 5.8 through Perl 5.16, but the qualified candidate does not need to have experience with Perl.
- 3-5 years of experience with building Python applications in team environments.
- Experience building large Python applications containing multiple modules and packages.
- Experience designing, writing, and executing Python unit tests using the unittest and pytest libraries.
- Experience using Python to connect, update data, and run stored procedures on enterprise databases such as SQL Server or Oracle.
- Experience using Python to interact with web services using a RESTful API and JSON.
- Basic familiarity with the Linux command line and tools.
- Experience with Regular Expressions.
- Familiarity with Agile development concepts like Scrum, storyboards, and two-week sprints.
- Experience or familiarity with Perl, bash, and shell scripting.
- Experience with PyCharm, Git, and Atlassian JIRA.
- Experience with Optical Character Recognition (OCR).
We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.