|Location||San Francisco, CA|
|Date Posted||December 23, 2020|
As Senior Engineer, you will work on one of the world's largest marketplace, dealing with one billion events per day and contribute as part of R&D self-organized team working in a challenging, innovative environment for our client.
Investigate, create, and implement the solutions for existing technical challenges, including building/enhancing the Security related functionality.
Main tasks and responsibilities:
- Obtains tasks from TL, prepares functional and design specifications, approves them with all stakeholders.
- Ensures that assigned area/areas are delivered within set deadlines and required quality objectives.
- Provides estimations, agrees task duration with TL and contributes to project plan of assigned area.
- Analyzes scope of alternative solutions and makes decision about area implementation based on his/her experience and technical expertise.
- Leads functional and architectural design of assigned areas. Makes sure design decisions on the project meet architectural and design requirements.
- Addresses area-level risks, provides and implements mitigation plan.
- Reports to Team Lead or Project Manager about area readiness/quality, and raises red flags in crisis situations which are beyond his/her AOR.
- Collaborates with other teams and project stakeholders.
- Initiates and conducts code reviews, creates code standards, conventions and guidelines.
- Suggests technical and functional improvements to add value to the product;
- Constantly improves his/her professional level.
- Provides training for other team members on general product architecture as well as his/her AOR.
- If required, make yourselves available for the visits to the client location.
Required Education And Experience:
- University degree in Computer Related Sciences or similar
- Strong OOP and Design patters knowledge
- 5+ years of software development experience
- 4+ years of experience in Python backend development
- Strong understanding of Python tooling
- 2+ years in projects with large-scale or highly loaded systems
- Proficient in Linux package management and resolving native library dependencies
- Proficient in AWS infrastructure and configuration management
- Proficiency with Docker containers and Dockerfiles
- 1+ years of either:
- frontend development in an MVC environment
- Basic understanding of queues
- Rigor in high code quality, unit testing, and other engineering best practices
- Strong communication, collaboration and interpersonal skills
- Good English (oral & written)
- Ability to learn quickly
- Experience working in Agile environment