|Date Posted||April 7, 2021|
Senior Python developers at ConnectWise write clean and maintainable Python3 code, mainly using the battle tested Django framework to create scalable, robust, queryable REST APIs. We architect performant database tables and queries in Postgresql, query our multi-terabyte Elasticsearch cluster, and connect to micro services, as well as 3rd party APIs to compose the data returned by our endpoints. We use redis to cache expensive calls where necessary. We use Docker and AWS to support our infrastructure. Our growing development team follows an agile workflow. If you’re a strong technology generalist who loves learning new things and isn’t afraid to dive in and figure things out, ConnectWise might be the place for you.
- Work with a team of developers, designers, and stakeholders to plan, build, and deliver updates to our core products and services every sprint.
- Write, test, and ship code for our production Django API.
- Debug errors that might crop up and write patches to fix them.
- Design database tables for new features.
- Refactor and improve existing code for greater simplicity or performance.
- Work independently to identify bottlenecks and sources of potential failure and improve them.
- Participate in code review and collaborate with other developers to ensure we’re shipping high quality code and products.
· 3 + year’s of experience writing modern, testable Python code with a team of developers.
· You have experience with a web framework such as Django (Django Rest Framework) or Flask.
· You are comfortable creating relational database models, and preferably have some experience with Postgresql.
· You have experience writing code for web APIs and know what HTTP status codes to use when. Maybe you have dipped a toe into GraphQL APIs.
· You know some linux and aren’t afraid to SSH into a server to check out what’s going at the operating system level. Checking disk usage, running processes, or tailing logs.
· You have written some code in Go.
· You have experience with the Elastic stack (Elasticsearch, Logstash, Kibana, Beats).
· Not afraid to learn and work with tools, languages, and environments you're not familiar with.
· Ability to figure things out, find a solution, and get stuff done.
- Amazon Web Services ( RDS, EC2, S3, Beanstalk, SQS, ECS and seemingly a million others )
- CI/CD ( Docker, Jenkins, GitHub, or similar )
- Some networking experience, you know what a subnet is
- Cybersecurity interest or background
Essential Duties and Responsibilities