|Date Posted||September 24, 2021|
For further inquiries regarding the following opportunity, please contact one of our Talent Specialists Meenakshi | 630 847 0262 and Karthik | 630 847 1776
Job Title: Python / DevOps Consultant
Duration: 1 year
Location: Remote - but priority will be given to candidates that are from Chicago area.
( The candidate may be based anywhere in the US. The candidate will be expected to be available for meetings during normal business hours in US Central time. Depending on COVID restrictions trips to Client in Chicago may be required, so priority will be given to candidates in the Chicagoland area, and second priority to candidates with easy access to a major air hub.)
The following are key skills / experience for this position. Resumes that do not possess all, or at least most, of these skills should not be presented for consideration.
- Significant experience developing complex applications in the Python programming language (2.7 and >= 3.6). Resumes of people whose only Python experience is scripts of a few hundred lines or less should not be forwarded.
- Significant experience with the Django web framework and database development, particularly MySQL.
- Significant full software life cycle experience including a near fanatical obsession with proper software engineering practices: source code control (GitLab preferred), testing (Cypress preferred), etc..
- Ability to work and communicate effectively in a team.
- Flexibility in dealing with assignments and working on several projects simultaneously.
- Security: Experience with LDAP integration, Django auth plugins, etc..
The following skills / experience are not required but are highly desirable. There will be tasks involving working with admins on deployment, upgrades, etc..
- Dev ops type experience
- Has experience with major version upgrades of Django and other software in production.
- Experience with containers / VMs (Vagrant(preferred), Docker, VirtualBox, VMWare, etc.
- Knows Linux extremely well
- Likes to administer their own Linux laptop
- Understanding of Sync/Async concepts; Experience with uWSGI /ASGI, websockets
Languages / Tech that we are using:
- Backend: Python, Django, Gitlab, Vagrant, Cypress, shell scripting
Primary skills and technologies:
- Python, Django, DB development
- Basic Gitlab experience: issue tracking, labeling, reporting, prioritization, merging, diffing, re-basing
- Testing: Unit testing, Integration Testing, CI experience a plus
- Interpersonal skills:
- Small/remote team experience
- Ability to communicate openly and often with teammates and remain open to new ideas
- Experience with taking a leadership role among a team of software engineers and practicing strong release engineering principles
Secondary Skills and technologies:
- Dev/Ops processes focused on application development teams, testing, and deployment
DivIHN is an equal opportunity employer. DivIHN does not and shall not discriminate against any employee or qualified applicant on the basis of race, color, religion (creed), gender, gender expression, age, national origin (ancestry), disability, marital status, sexual orientation, or military status.