|Date Posted||November 6, 2021|
Looking for 3-6 yrs experience in this area split between and emphasis on Python 3 yrs and the other scripting/Make experience another 3 yrs.
- Need an engineer to complete porting a code base of Python 2.4.2 code to Python 3.6.x and migrate related infrastructure
- Working knowledge of Python3 especially deployment and installation
- Experience with legacy python (2.4.x), lib2to3 and its extensions
- Familiarity with a auto tools/make file based build capability
- Experience with shell or any other Linux-based scripting languages.
Good to have:
- Experience with porting large scale production python code from version 2.x to 3.x.
- Experience creating, packaging, and releasing python applications built from multiple packages (Required or able to pick up quickly)
Expertise in package versioning and maintenance of same, setting up private PyPi repo installations and virtual environments (Required or able to pick up quickly)
- Experience using setup tools for building packages, both console scripts and non console scripts along with adjunct package data (ie. things like json files, xml, etc.) (Good to have)