|Date Posted||January 14, 2021|
Ref ID: 03220-0011666548
Classification: Software Engineer
Compensation: $42.75 to $54.00 hourly
Robert Half is looking for a Python Software Engineer to join our team! This role is 100% remote, but must work east coast hours.
In this role, you will work on the Entitlement Client Tooling team contributing to the development and maintenance of the subscription and entitlement management client tools including subscription-manager and virt-who. You will improve the quality, stability, and user experience of customer's subscription experience through solving bugs, implementing features and helping produce releases of these tools for Fedora, Centos, Red Hat Enterprise Linux and other distributions. This team is uniquely placed within the company so as to help improve the customer subscription experience, a team focused on tooling crucial to the business. As a Software Engineer, you will work in the upstream and contribute your solutions to our open source projects: subscription-manager and virt-who. You’ll need to be proactive, motivated, and able to work in a collaborative, distributed environment.
Primary Jobs Responsibilities
• Solve bugs and implement features according to designs for future improvements in our open source projects
• Maintain developer-oriented documentation
• Maintain supporting tooling and automation for our open source projects
• Produce releases for our open source projects for Fedora, Centos, and RHEL
• Work in a collaborative, distributed environment