|Date Posted||May 18, 2021|
This Contract Position is with one of our Direct Clients. Please submit resumes to Remya-mremya(at)divihn(dot)com or call (630) 847 7118 with any questions.
Job Title: Python Workflows Developer
Location: Lemont,IL (Remote)
Duration:6 Months (Possibility of extending the contract)
Seek a motivated and talented senior software developer with significant experience in Python development. The contractor will join the Balsam and Parsl workflow teams at ANL and work to integrate portions of these systems to meet the near real-time computing needs of users at experimental facilities at Client. This is expected to involve workflow specification in Parsl and Balsam, development of software to exchange job definitions and results between the systems, and execution and monitoring of jobs in the database, as well as application to one or more particular scientific use cases.
BOA Classification / Level: Per appendix C of the BOA, this should be classed as Internet Development Products, Level III.
Qualifications: The following are key skills / experience for this position in order of priority. Resumes that do not possess all, or at least most, of these skills should not be presented for consideration.
Required skills and technologies
- Python development experience on large code bases
- Python event and database frameworks experience
- High performance computing experience
- Some background with batch scheduling
- Experience with HPC workflows: software development, stacks, solve/runs, schedulers and integrations.
- Source code control, particularly Git experience: issue tracking, labeling, reporting, prioritization, merging, diffing
- Testing: Unit tests and larger-scale functional tests embedded in a CI environment
- Small and remote team experience, taking guidance from a larger group of stakeholders and implementing changes within a small group of developers
- Ability to communicate openly and often with teammates and remain open to new ideas
Desirable skills and background
- Experience with scientific applications
- CI/CD workflows: Git, GitHub, Gitlab, pipeline/control scripts
- CI/CD pipelines, HPC container technologies
DivIHN is an equal opportunity employer. DivIHN does not and shall not discriminate against any employee or qualified applicant on the basis of race, color, religion (creed), gender, gender expression, age, national origin (ancestry), disability, marital status, sexual orientation, or military status.