|Date Posted||January 16, 2021|
This Contract Position is with one of our Direct Clients. Please reach out to Remya - mremya(at)divihn(dot)com or Murali - msundaram(at)divihn(dot)com for more details about this position. You can also call Remya-(630) 847 7118 or Murali - 630 847 0275.
Job Title: Python Developer
Job Duration: 12 Months Contract
This position requires candidates who are eligible to obtain Secret Clearance. Visa Holders and 3rd Party Candidates are NOT eligible for this role.
Scope: We are seeking a motivated and talented software developer with significant experience in Python development. The contractor will be a full member of the Data Science group at the client site. We have been developing the Balsam scientific workflow toolkit for several years. We are continuing this development, including adapting Balsam to interface with schedulers on additional systems within the client site and at other sites. A significant part of this effort will include managing job control across multiple supercomputing sites via secure, web-accessible programming interfaces, and also permitting users to monitor their workflows and results via the API and graphics-rich web interfaces. All of our use cases are driven by scientific simulations and analyses, implying close coordination with scientific application developers to understand the execution of and output from their codes, how they can be integrated as Balsam applications, and often-custom methods for representing results graphically.
Period of Performance: This contract is full time, 40 hours per week, for a period of 1 year. There is a possibility of extending the contract.
Work Location: Due to COVID-19 this position will be work-from-home (WFH) initially. Once COVID restrictions have been lifted, the contractor may work at the lab full time, or if they prefer, they may have significant WFH time with occasional on-site meetings.
Technical Direction of Work: Day to day work activities will be under the direction of the Balsam project team lead.
Required skills and technologies
- Python development experience on large code bases
- Python event and database frameworks experience
- High performance computing experience
- Some background with batch scheduling
- Experience with HPC workflows: software development, stacks, solve/runs, schedulers and integrations.
- Experience with web API frameworks such as Django REST framework
- Experience with Python plotting libraries such as matplotlib
- Source code control, particularly Git experience: issue tracking, labeling, reporting, prioritization, merging, diffing
- Testing: Unit tests and larger-scale functional tests embedded in a CI environment
- Small and remote team experience, taking guidance from a larger group of stakeholders and implementing changes within a small group of developers
- Ability to communicate openly and often with teammates and remain open to new ideas
Desirable skills and background
- Experience with scientific applications
- CI/CD workflows: Git, Gitlab, pipeline/control scripts
- CI/CD pipelines, HPC container technologies
DivIHN is an equal opportunity employer. DivIHN does not and shall not discriminate against any employee or qualified applicant on the basis of race, color, religion (creed), gender, gender expression, age, national origin (ancestry), disability, marital status, sexual orientation, or military status.