|February 10, 2024
*Full-time with benefits
What you will do
Reporting to Clearspeed's AI/ML engineering head, this individual will work closely with a talented team of U.S.-based and world-wide engineers on our industry-leading voice analytics products and services. This is a 100% remote role; you will collaborate with distributed teams in multiple time zones.
As a key member of our team, you will be responsible for some aspects of end-to-end programming on both the client and server/database side, with an emphasis on decoupling components as you learn the code and architecture. But, your primary emphasis will be on solid architecture development and integration of ML-based and other pipeline components. In particular, you will be primarily tasked with ensuring seamless integration between these components in a migration to and use of an orchestration system (Kubernetes).
- Ability to fully analyze and understand both frontend and backend components of modern web applications and databases (we use VueJS but deep experience with any modern framework is fine), with a love for jumping into actual coding tasks in a pinch to get things done
- A well-honed development environment setup and ability to streamline debugging of the full stack within it while connected to remote development servers
- Ability to learn and understand Python data processing scripts as needed, if you do not have a strong background in Python already
- Strong SQL experience
- Expertly manage Docker and Linux server setups
- Take initiative to dive into Kubernetes or use existing Kubernetes experience to refactor and decouple components within an orchestration system
- Manage server-based databases and write and integrate SQL in an efficient and effective manner to effectively integrate our ML data assets
- An ability to quickly learn Python development skills, if you are not already a strong Python developer, to assist with integrating and debugging Python-based data processing scripts
- Build and manage CI/CD pipelines to enable continuous integration and deployment
- Support automated configurable deployments to Dev\Staging\Prod and other isolated development\testing systems
- Proactively write detailed installation/usage instructions for the systems being developed using Markdown within the Git repositories being described
Focus On Integration:
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams including UI/UX designers, frontend and backend developers, and AI/ML engineers
- Understand the importance of "Infrastructure as Code" practices as part of orchestration to enable different teams to automate infrastructure provisioning and management for their internal development and testing deployments
Who you are
We are seeking a highly proactive, enthusiastic, communicative individual with a hands-on mentality, highly detail-oriented with excellent problem-solving skills, and a strong technical background. The desired individual must embrace the habit of continuous learning of new tools, technologies, and re-evaluation of personal workflow, fueling growth and evolution.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience
- At least 8 years' full-time, professional experience in many of the areas described above
- Must have passion and acumen for understanding whole system architectures, and driving down to the nuts and bolts of individual scripts, programming code, dependencies and services
- Proven experience in hands-on full-stack programming and development, including both web framework programming and server/database integration
- Strong proficiency in Docker and related areas, in particular strong experience with Linux shell scripting, Dockerfiles, Docker build scripts and utilization of containers on remote servers
- Strong skills at the Bash command line, and associated Linux OS skills
- Strong SQL skills
- Familiarity with cloud platform integrations (AWS preferred)
- An ability to identify and resolve the root cause of issues is critical, requiring a hands-on approach to delve into problems at both an architectural and code level, with a roll-up-your-sleeves ability to dig in using a well-honed personal development environment and suite of tools
- Experience with or ability to dive into CI/CD pipelines (Jenkins or similar)
- Hands-on experience with AWS CloudFormation is a plus
- Due to the nature of our US Government contracts, this position requires compliance with US Government export control requirements. *US person status is required. Applicants must be a US citizen, lawful permanent resident of the US, or a protected individual as defined by ITAR (22 CFR 120.15)*
Who we are
At Clearspeed, we are driven by corporate DNA committed to the service of others and a passion for our AI-enabled technology that is redefining risk assessment. Our fast-growing team spans operations across the US, Canada, and the UK. Together our team of brilliant minds, diverse in expertise and experience, collaborate and contribute to a shared vision of enabling trust, faster.
Our company is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all individuals. We value diversity and inclusion in our workplace, and we welcome and encourage individuals of all backgrounds to apply and join us on our journey to build trust faster.
Why join us?
*Remote/hybrid work flexibility
*Competitive compensation: salary + performance-based bonuses
*Flexible work arrangements: every other Friday off!
*Unlimited paid time off
*Health and wellness coverage
Join us at Clearspeed and be a part of our success story. Together, we can make a difference!
Salary range is based on national benchmark data of comparable roles, skills and experience level. Exact compensation will be based on individual skills and experience, and location which will be assessed during the interview process.
Salary range: $114,000 - $274,000 per year