Senior Python Developer
|Published||February 23, 2023|
|Job Type||Contractor Full-time|
WHO WE ARE AND WHAT WE DO
My client is a leading global market maker, using algorithmic trading and advanced technology to buy and sell securities on multiple trading venues worldwide. We provide liquidity to the financial markets, driving efficiencies for buyers and sellers.
Founded in 1989, we are an ambitious, innovative company and identified early on the importance technology would play in the fast-paced evolution of trading. This entrepreneurial spirit still drives us today and can be found in all of our offices around the world.
We now operate globally from offices in Europe, the US and Asia Pacific. Our employees work closely together in multidisciplinary teams, making our success possible.
Technology - technology is not a department, it is at the heart of everything we do. Our technologists push the limits of possibility, and then look beyond. In our fast-paced environment, short feedback loops mean projects worked on in the morning can enter production the next day.
Trading – Although our traders come from many backgrounds they all have one thing in common: they are at their best solving complex problems. Their insight into global events, market shifts and pricing ensure we are trading in the right place, at the right time.
Business Support - Around the world, our business support teams are essential for sustaining our success. In our dynamic environment, we have many exciting challenges and multidisciplinary opportunities to shape our operations and make a real impact.
Our employees are our greatest asset so we give them lots of responsibility and the support they need to make a difference. Our flat structure fosters a culture of openness and collaboration, encouraging the sharing of ideas and knowledge. It makes no difference if you have been with us for three days or three years, the best idea wins.
While we work hard, we also have a lot of fun; whether solving complex challenges or in team building, leisure and sporting activities. My client also enables its employees to contribute towards a better society through our foundation.
The Data Analytics Team is looking for a Senior Python Developer to join a recently formed, fast moving team supporting a growing base of advanced analytics users. The role will include developing analysis, supporting code libraries and building out platforms to meet the rapidly evolving needs of a modern trading firm that consistently pushes technical boundaries.
- 5+ years experience as a python developer working as an individual contributor.
- Familiarity with building significant scale projects in Python from inception and design to execution, deployment and testing.
- Detailed experience with Python language fundamentals, able to write both OO and functional style code.
- Agile style development approach using iteration with users, gathering feedback and an ability to quickly and confidently affect changes in your code backed by a solid CI pipeline and test coverage.
- DevOps style application deployment and operational experience: You should be able to stand behind your code, roll it out and ensure it meets users needs.
- Experience of operating at scale on distributed systems using container orchestration methods such as docker swarm, kubernetes and cloud platforms, specifically AWS. Familiarity with distributed analysis techniques and platforms such as Dask and PySpark a major plus.
- Hands on experience with the JupyterHub/JupyterLab environment as an advanced user and ideally having helped support it for multiple users.
- Experience with major python analysis libraries such as pandas, numpy, scipy, scikit-learn is highly desirable, especially in relation to optimization of performance on large data analytics.
- Experience using Hadoop Ecosystem tools such as HDFS, Hive, Impala, Spark et al is highly valuable given our large scale use of Hadoop.
- Working knowledge of multiple types of data stores such as traditional SQL, Document Stores like Mongo, Columnar stores like Scylla and Key-Value stores such as redis will enable you to quickly assist picking the right tools for the task at hand.