Senior Python Developer
|Published||March 26, 2023|
|Location||New York, NY|
Job Description - Senior Python Developer
Sr. Python Developer
Reporting to the Manager, the Sr. Python Developer will be responsible for systems design/architecture and full-scale implementation and maintenance on an application portfolio that includes FFE (Financial Front End), ICAP PIVOT (Project Performance Intelligence for Visualizati on, Oversight & Tracking), CUIMC TMS (Trainee Management System) etc. The incumbent will analyze requirements, design, develop, test and document the end-to-end processing of the web-based and cloud-native applications supported by the team. The candidate should have very strong stored procedure and optimization skills.
CHARACTERISTIC DUTIES AND ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Engages with clients on all phases of a project and works in a functional/technical capacity with a good understanding of business processes.
• Gathers requirements, documents specifications, reviews systems and advises on technical designs.
• Provides solutions by analyzing processes, gathering requirements, design, development, testing and performance tuning of applications.
• Supports custom enhancements of existing code, including application of patches/fixes/upgrades.
• Tests impacted modules and new components, troubleshoots issues and resolves defects identified.
• Provides operational support of FFE/FinSys, ICAP PIVOT, CUIMC TMS and other web-based and cloud-native applications, including solution documentation, app demos, quality assurance, user training and system support.
• Creates and reviews Technical Design documents and collaborates with teams to recommend changes to existing solution designs.
• Supports and performs all phases of testing leading to implementation and assists in troubleshooting technical issues.
• Ensures compliance with architecture guidelines, development standards and security recommendations.
• Coordinates testing efforts between user groups and development teams.
• Plans and executes integration, regression, user acceptance and systems testing.
• Collaborates with other teams to implement interface endpoints via web services and other technologies
• Writes deployment instructions and ensures the development package is complete and accurate.
• Coordinates with systems environment and other groups to deliver application functionalities
• Diagrams business processes, system workflows and integration methods
• Troubleshoots complex problems that come from Client Support Services and/or end-users that require research across University systems/applications and in some cases proposing new solutions.
• Provides oversight of batch processing, including formatting, error analysis, job scheduling and coordinating with user groups.
• Monitors service levels to ensure user needs are responded to on a daily basis and that systems are meeting university ongoing business needs.
• Maintains collaborative relationships with functional owner and end user on ongoing project and maintenance work.
• Maintains good relationships with peer technical groups and other support groups.
• Performs peer review of source code changes for the development team.
- All other duties as required.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS FOR GRADE:
- Bachelor's degree and/or its equivalent required. Advanced degree desirable.
- Minimum 4-6 years' related Python Development experience.
- Must have the working knowledge of all Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC) activities including, requirements, design, development, unit/performance tests, debug, deployment and maintenance.
• Skills in developing modules at different application layers such as UI/frontend, backend and database.
- 4+ years of experience in developing APIs and backend applications using Python and relevant frameworks.
- Strong conceptual foundation on Microservices architecture.
- Good knowledge of developing RESTful web services, API design and integrations.
• Must have familiarity with tools to support enterprise-grade software delivery including source control (e.g. GitLab, GitHub), bug tracking (e.g. JIRA, ServiceNow), CI/CD pipeline (e.g. Jenkins) etc.
- Solid understanding of relational databases like MySQL, DB structure and SQL queries.
- Comfortable with basic shell scripting in a Linux/Unix environment.
- Clear concepts on automated functional testing frameworks such as Selenium.
- Knowledge of AWS or other cloud platforms and cloud-native application development methodologies.
• Experience in working with industry standard authentication/authorization systems.
• Strong focus on data privacy, application security, code vulnerability and security controls.
• Good understanding of non-functional requirements such as scalability, failover, disaster recovery etc.
• Self-learner and technology enthusiast who is eager to work on any challenge.
• Must be well-organized and be able to work as part of a team in collaboration with others.
• Should be able to manage diverse projects simultaneously with adequate attention to detail.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced, deadline driven environment.
- Excellence in a variety of competencies including teamwork/collaboration, analytical thinking, communication and influencing skills, and technical expertise.
- Ability to work on the weekend and off-hours on occasion to meet urgent needs and business deadlines.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Experience working with Python web frameworks such as Django or Flask.
- Experience with major public cloud services like AWS or Azure.
- Skills in functional testing frameworks and performance testing tools.
• Expertise in SQL Server, Stored Procedure and query optimization techniques.
• Conceptual knowledge of container technologies like Docker, Kubernetes etc.
About Infinity Consulting Solutions
At Infinity Consulting Solutions our mission is to cultivate successful long term relationships with candidates and clients matching the right candidate with the right client. We believe technology cannot replace the real personal relationships we cultivate. We reject the notion that technology alone is the answer to staffing which is why we our successful partnerships rely on collaboration NOT automation. ICS has been providing flexible staffing solutions for over 20 years in Information Technology, Compliance, Accounting / Finance and Corporate Support. Our staffing solutions include Contract, Temp to Perm and Permanent Placement.
ICS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.