|February 8, 2024
|Suitland-Silver Hill, MD
Paradyme Management is a rapidly growing government technology leader that puts service first, for its customers, its team and the communities it supports. Paradyme harnesses DevSecOps and Agile development processes to deliver exceptional results for digital transformations. With headquarters office in Tysons Corner, VA, Paradymes award-winning culture sets it apart through its teams deep commitment to service and collaboration with its customers, each other and the community. Learn more at www.paradymemanagement.com.
We are seeking a skilled Senior Python Developer to join our team of software professionals. The Senior Python Developer will play a critical role in developing, optimizing, and maintaining Python-based software solutions. This position requires a deep understanding of Python programming, extensive experience in software development, and the ability to obtain and maintain a Public Trust clearance. A background in a data science environment is a valuable skill that will contribute to the success of the team.
- Python Development: Lead the design, development, and maintenance of Python-based applications, ensuring they meet high standards of quality and performance. Familiarity with Python libraries and frameworks, such as pandas, Django, NumPy, Matplotlib, and scikit-learn.
- Public Trust Clearance: Obtain and maintain a Public Trust clearance and adhere to security and compliance protocols in accordance with project requirements.
- Data Science Integration: Collaborate with data scientists and analysts to integrate Python-based solutions into data science workflows, utilizing data analytics, machine learning, and statistical techniques.
- Technical Leadership: Provide technical leadership and mentorship to junior developers, fostering a culture of continuous learning and growth within the team.
- Requirements Analysis: Work closely with stakeholders to gather and clarify software requirements, translating them into effective technical solutions.
- Quality Assurance: Conduct thorough testing, debugging, and performance tuning to ensure software applications meet quality and performance standards.
- Documentation: Maintain clear and organized documentation of code, processes, and project-related information.
- Problem Solving: Analyze and resolve technical issues, identify root causes, and implement solutions in a timely manner.
- Security and Compliance: Ensure that software solutions meet security and compliance standards. Conduct code reviews and security assessments to identify and address vulnerabilities.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or a related field (or equivalent work experience).
- Minimum of 7 years of development experience preferably with Python or combination of python with R, data science, statistics and/or data visualization experience.
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Excellent communication and collaboration abilities.
- Ability to lead and mentor a team of developers.
- Attention to detail and a commitment to delivering high-quality software.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a Public Trust clearance.
- Experience with the R programming language.
- Experience in a data science environment.
- Experience developing software applications for US government agencies.
While this position is currently remote, we prefer candidates reside in the local MD, DC, VA areas in the event that our federal customer requires hybrid work in the future.
Physical Requirements: These are the essential physical requirements needed to successfully perform the job.
- Sedentary work.
- Requires sitting up to 8 hours per day.
- May require lifting up to 5 pounds unassisted.
- Fine repetitive motor skills with hands, wrists, and fingers in coordination with eyes.
- Hearing, speaking, and vision: Adequate to perform job duties and communicate in person, via video, and telephone. Includes reading information from printed sources and computer screens.
- Other: Work may be performed in an office environment, which may involve frequent contact with staff and the public. Work may be stressful at times.
Paradyme Management, Inc. is committed to the full inclusion of all qualified individuals. In keeping with our commitment, Paradyme will take the steps to ensure that people with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations. Accordingly, if a reasonable accommodation is required to fully participate in the job application or interview process, to perform the essential functions of the position, and/or to receive all other benefits and privileges of employment, please contact Rose Luczak, Director of People Operations at [Click Here to Email Your Resumé] or at (571) 289-0548
Paradyme is a federal contractor and an EEO and an Affirmative Action Employer. All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, pregnancy-related disability, physical or mental disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, marital status, familial status, personal appearance, occupation, citizenship, veteran or military status, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.