|Location||Jersey City, NJ|
|Date Posted||May 19, 2020|
Our client, a leading bank, is seeking a Python Developer for a long term opportunity
**No C2C**No 3rd Party Vendors**Candidates must be eligible to work on a W2 basis**
Senior developer that will be responsible for developing, enhancing, modifying and/or maintaining application used for Independent Price Verification process for the Global Markets business. This would include design, code, test, debug and document programs as well as support activities. The prospective candidate will work closely with all levels of business partners in capturing requirements and take those requirements all the way to Production. The prospective candidate typically have 10 years of programming experience with in-depth knowledge of development tools and languages.
Role Specific Responsibilities:
* Responsible for developing software in Python, object-oriented database and grid using proprietary platform.
* Responsible for developing data transfer tools to replicate data from no-sql datastore to an Oracle (Exadata) database
* Responsible for building REST web services
* Responsible for designing interface between UI and REST service.
* Responsible for building data-grid centric UI based on Angular framework.
* Participating fully in the development process through the entire software lifecycle.
* Participating fully in Agile software development process
* 10 years of overall technology experience or 3 years of Python experience
* Python experience required. We use python 2.7 and are migrating to 3.7
* Experience with git, npm, Angular (5.x or later) preferred
* Experience with financial instruments and Price Verification processes is desirable.
* Experience with grid computing and high data volume a plus
* Experience with object-oriented database a plus
* Experience doing test-driven development, functional testing and continuous integration is desirable
* We prefer people with experience across a range of languages and technologies, especially C++/Java and Python.
* Strong written and verbal communications
We're partners in transformation. We help clients activate ideas and solutions to take advantage of a new world of opportunity. We are a team of 80,000 strong, working with over 6,000 clients, including 80% of the Fortune 500, across North America, Europe and Asia. As an industry leader in Full-Stack Technology Services, Talent Services, and real-world application, we work with progressive leaders to drive change. That's the power of true partnership. TEKsystems is an Allegis Group company.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, such as the modification or adjustment of the job application process or interviewing process due to a disability, please call 888 472-3411 or email accommodation@teksystems .com for other accommodation options.