|Published||August 4, 2022|
Position Title Senior Python Developer
Location: Bethesda, MD – remote
The Senior Python Developer will work as a member of the dbGaP Software Development team and support our efforts to modernize and enhance our existing application code and develop new solutions for the dbGaP product offering.
- Contribute to the design, development and maintenance of the dbGaP product line
- Ability to deliver fully-tested, production-ready, cloud-ready or cloud-hosted applications in Python
- Designing web-based solutions, writing, and testing code, automating tests and deployments
- Providing end to end solutions by analyzing requirements, devising solution design and implementing solutions.
- Collaborating with other technology teams to ensure integrated end-to-end design and implementation
- Enforcing existing process guidelines; driving new processes, guidelines, team rules, and best practices.
- Ready, willing, and able to pick up new technologies and software development and delivery practices
- Bachelor's degree and/or its equivalent required.
- 7-10 years of related experience.
- Strong application development experience using object orietned languages and design patterns.
- Good experience working with Python and web appplication frameworks such as Django or Flask.
- Good experience working with ORM technologies like Django ORM or SqlAlchemy.
- Experience using Python packages such as pandas, numpy etc.
- Experience working with object stores such as AWS S3 or Google Cloud Storage.
- Experience in Agile Software Development methodology, processes, and practices.
- Experience with test automation using pytest, mocks and Selenium.
- Hands-on experience with Jira, Git, TeamCity or other CI/CD tools.
- Familiarity with secure coding guidelines and standards.
- Effective communication in person and over text.
- Comfortable working with Linux command line tools and bash shell.
- Experience with Celery and RabbitMQ
- Experience using the different services provided by cloud service providers, especially AWS or Google Cloud Platform.
- Experience using Apache Airflow
- Experience using container and orchestration solutions, particularly Docker, Kubernetes or Openshift
- Experience with GitOps and GitLab CI
- Behavior-driven development (BDD) / automated testing and deployment
- Familiarity with tools and processes that evaluate and improve software security
- Experience in processing large amounts of data
- Experience in maintaining C++ applications
- provided by Dice