|Location||St. Petersburg, FL|
|Date Posted||August 26, 2021|
Role: Senior Python Software Engineer
Location: St Petersburg, FL (Remote)
Duration: 6+ Months
MUST be USC or GC - Client cannot sponsor due to the nature of their business.
Excellent Communication skills are must
Job purpose: The Software Engineer is responsible for developing functioning applications from product requirements while accurately estimating and planning work as part of the agile software SDLC to ensure a consistent repeatable process.
This role is a member of an agile development team collaborating with business analysts and quality engineers to deliver high quality application features.
Our ideal candidate is driven by a desire to create engaging, modern SaaS applications for data privacy management.
The global focus on privacy rights and data management is causing wide opportunity to make a difference, you should have a strong desire to constantly learn and work outside of your comfort zone.
1. Develop functioning applications.
2. Analyse, access, input, and retrieve data.
3. Report pertinent information and assist with tasks to support department operations.
4. Develop and maintain a solid understanding of the Client products and market.
5. Adhere to established policies and procedures.
6. Ensure Customer Service delivery.
7. Adhere to the Code of Conduct/Ethics and Client Core Values.
Duties and responsibilities
• Design, develop, implement, support and maintain applications based on business requirements, using approved technologies and coding standards.
• Apply secure coding practices to prevent security vulnerabilities in code
• Apply object-oriented principles when implementing solutions.
• Maintain code quality through unit testing and self-documentation.
• Communicate with business analysts to gather accurate specifications for new enhancements and applications.
• Maintain knowledge of application security best practices and modern vulnerabilities
• Mentor team members on coding best practices, perform code reviews.
• Troubleshoot and resolve software-related issues.
• Perform other duties as required or assigned.
Qualifications: An individual must be able to perform each Essential Function of the job satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities, who are otherwise qualified, to perform the Essential Functions.
Education and Experience:
• 10+ years of experience in software development
• 3+ years creating Python based on RESTful Services
• Expertise with a python web framework like Flask
• Experience with a Graph database like dGraph and graphQL for queries
• Experience in requirements analysis and working with solution architects
• Experience in common object-oriented design patterns for web services.
• Experience in data models and test-driven development
• Experience using UML to communicate solution design
• Preferred background including Data Science experience
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Must have demonstrated experience developing REST APIs using Python.
• Must have demonstrated experience processing batch files using Python