|Date Posted||February 11, 2020|
Senior Software Developer – Python & UI Development
Here in our Houston office we are looking for a committed Software Developer to join our Front Office Risk Team within Commodities. This is an exciting, dynamic role within a diverse locally-managed team based in Houston that collaborates closely with an equivalent team in London, and other line-of-business risk technology teams also in Houston.
What will your main responsibilities involve?
- Developing Python-based intraday and end-of-day risk management software for Commodities front-office trading desks
- Providing 3rd level support of the delivered technologies
- Direct partner engagement to identify and discuss requirements to fulfil their various needs upon pricing, risk and trade capture
- Build or improve both Python development skills and commodities risk knowledge through learning and on-the-job training
What skills and qualifications will you ideally possess?
- Experience of Python ideal but not critical – must be keen to work primarily in Python
- Experience of Agile Development Practice
- Excellent communication skills (Verbal & Written)
- Commodities Experience ideal but not critical
- Enthusiasm to learn new process and challenges