|Location||Los Angeles, CA|
|Date Posted||February 14, 2020|
The Senior Software Engineer will support software development activities and help formalize development procedures, development operations, and platform strategy.
Key Skill Set:
- Proficient working with AWS Cognito
- Experience with natural language processing and meaning extraction from text using NLTK or spaCy
- Experience manipulating datasets in code with tools such as pandas and numpy
- Hands-on experience managing distributed systems and clusters
- Experience with container and serverless technologies
- Experience with distributed messaging services such as Kafka
- Work in an agile software development team to complete backlog items, working in conjunction with other developers and engineers internally and from external companies.
- Act as scrum master in some projects, identifying and assigning new work for other engineers.
- Test and create automated tests for your code, ensuring every function, service, and object is compatible with your team’s work and with the many systems within the system portfolio.
- Act as a development leader, help to formulate best practices and setting up toolsets and procedures for the team, leveraging internally available tools and communicating with other internal development & product teams.
- Stay up-to-date on new development and platform technologies, make recommendations for the right tool for the job, and take the lead in setting up those tools and training other developers on them.
- Communicate with business partners around to understand the needs of the user and implement those ideas in software.
- Create documentation for developers as well as business users to help them understand your products.
- Maintain cloud-based platforms and environments of supported applications, troubleshooting and patching functional issues and data issues in lower or production environments when necessary.
- Perform other duties as assigned.