|Date Posted||May 14, 2020|
At PNC, our people are our greatest differentiator and competitive advantage in the markets we serve. We are all united in delivering the best experience for our customers. As a(n) [position title] within PNC's [name of division] organization, you will be based in [city/state location of position].
At PNC, our people are our greatest differentiator and competitive advantage in the markets we serve. We are all united in delivering the best experience for our customers. As a Software Architect within PNC's ALM Risk/QRM organization, you will be based in any city PNC has a footprint in.
- As a solution architect, incumbent will be required to design, plan, test and implement new applications in Python
- Articulate implementation of business solutions with respect to suitability of technology platforms
- Develop code in Python as it relates to project needs for reporting / mathematical / statistical computation / integration with database and UI platforms
- Write automation scripts to access files and manage code in Linux file system.
- Extensive knowledge in Python (built in functions, data types, exception handling, numeric and mathematical modules, programming modules, reporting, markup language processing support, UI support, etc.)
- Expertise in leveraging big data platform such as Hadoop for new application development
- Expertise in SQL (for Oracle)
- Knowledge of Dataframes, RDD and SQL database integration (Oracle)
- Expertise in creating shell scripts to use Linux file system for server side management
- Knowledge of Java front end integration [with Python using Flask for REST communication]
- Knowledge in Pyspark SQL for implementation of data access from external sources and data transformation experience such as merge data, perform data enrichment and load in to target data destinations.
- Knowledge of concurrent execution, threading, distributed computing, parallel processing
- Knowledge of DevOps for building, testing and releasing software in integrated and continuous delivery environments.
Required Work Experience
- Experience in IT projects as a lead, working directly with business requirements to prototype, build, test, plan and implement applications using Python from start to end leveraging big data platforms
- Experienced with IT DevOps for building, testing and releasing software in an integrated and continuous delivery environments.
- Participates in defining functional designs and application systems architecture across all technologies and platforms.
- Designs an application's technical infrastructure, such as specific databases, programming languages, utilities, and testing approaches.
- Participates in the assessment of software defects discovered during the quality assurance process.
- Participates in addressing enterprise-wide platform and technology requirements for applications.
- Develops detailed programming instructions to solve business problems through automation support.
PNC Employees take pride in our reputation and to continue building upon that we expect our employees to be:
- Customer Focused - Knowledgeable of the values and practices that align customer needs and satisfaction as primary considerations in all business decisions and able to leverage that information in creating customized customer solutions.
- Managing Risk - Assessing and effectively managing all of the risks associated with their business objectives and activities to ensure they adhere to and support PNC's Enterprise Risk Management Framework.
Analytical Thinking – Knowledge of techniques and tools that promote effective analysis and the ability to determine the root cause of organizational problems and create alternative solutions that resolve the problems in the best interest of the business.
Application Development Tools – Knowledge of and ability to utilize a variety of specific tools and toolkits for the development and support of applications.
Industry Knowledge – Knowledge of the organization's industry group, trends, directions, major issues, regulatory considerations, and trendsetters; ability to apply this knowledge appropriately to diverse situations.
IT Architecture – Knowledge of and ability to design and improve organizational IT structures and blueprints in order to better support business operations and efficiently achieve organizational objectives.
Platform Architecture – Knowledge of technologies and methods to design processing mechanisms and roadmaps to execute business application systems; ability to design these roadmaps and deploy supportive interfaces for end-users to access related systems, in accordance with standards and processes.
Products and Services – Knowledge of major products and services and product and service groups; ability to apply this knowledge appropriately to diverse situations.
Service Oriented Architecture Technologies – Knowledge of the technologies used to enable excellent IT service for business clients; ability to develop, implement and support a variety of such technologies.
Software Process Improvement (SPI) – Knowledge of formal software process improvement disciplines, and ability to assess and improve the quality and operating costs associated with an existing application.
Roles at this level typically require a university / college degree, with 5+ years of industry-relevant experience. Specific certifications are often required. In lieu of a degree, a comparable combination of education and experience (including military service) may be considered.
Disability Accommodations Statement:
The PNC workplace is inclusive and supportive of individual needs. If you have a physical or other impairment that might require an accommodation, including technical assistance with the PNC Careers website or submission process, please call 877-968-7762 and select Option 4: Recruiting or contact us via email at [Click Here to Email Your Resumé].
The Human Resources Service Center hours of operation are Monday - Friday 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM ET.
Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO):
PNC provides equal employment opportunity to qualified persons regardless of race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status, or other categories protected by law.
Refer to the California Consumer Privacy Act Privacy Notice to gain understanding of how PNC may use or disclose your personal information in our hiring practices.