|Date Posted||March 13, 2021|
First and foremost, I hope you and your loved ones are safe and doing okay during these difficult times.During thess unprecedented times of uncertainty with respect to the COVID-19 situation, we at Collabera, inform you that many of our clients are still hiring and wanted to reach out to explore potential job opportunity.
I am here to help you in this hard time and request you to look at the below job description which we have for one of my Top-notch Retail company for a position of a Software Engineer - Java/ Python/ Pyspark.
Industry: Retail company
Work Location: Initially remote (Cincinnati, OH OR Chicago, IL – 60607 OR 100% Remote)
Job Title: Software Engineer - Java/ Python/ Pyspark
Duration: 06-12 months (extensions based on performance)
- The role of Software Engineer will be responsible for the development and enablement of key concepts and ideas, working closely with the Data Science and Product teams on rapid prototyping of new business ideas utilizing Java/Spring Boot, Angular, Azure DevOps, PySpark, and other technologies as needed for each use case.
- This role is suited best for a full stack, “jack-of-all-trades”, developer that enjoys product development and solving for the unknown.
- Bachelor’s degree (Master’s degree desired) typically in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, Mathematics, Business Analytics or another technically strong program.
- Understanding of Agile Principles (Scrum)
- 3 years of proven professional Java development experience
- Proficient with automated testing (JUnit, Cucumber, etc…)
- Proficient with VCS (vercion control) (Git, SVN)
- Experience using Spring Boot Framework
- Experience with dependency management (Maven, Gradle)
- Experience with performance tuning enterprise applications
- Experience with debugging enterprise applications
- Experience with RESTful APIs and an Understanding of CI/CD
- Understanding of Object-Oriented Principles
- Understanding SOLID principles
Major Bonus Points for:
- Angular/Front End Development
- Proficient in SQL/RDBMS
- Experience with Azure DevOps and cloud application development/management
- Take ownership of stories and drive them to completion through all phases of the entire 84.51° SDLC. This includes external facing and internal applications and data movement as well as process improvement activities such as:
- Participate in design and development of Full Stack cloud Applications
- Backend services using Java and Spring Boot
- Front end applications using Angular
- Data ETL/ELT using Relational Database Technology and Hadoop/Spark
- Perform unit and integration testing
- Participate in retrospective reviews
- Participate in the estimation process for new work and releases
- Maintaining and enhancing existing applications
- Bring new perspectives to problems
Should you have any questions, feel free to email me at [Click Here to Email Your Resumé] OR call me on OR .