|Date Posted||September 2, 2021|
ECS is seeking a Sr. Back-End (Java, Python, Oracle PL/SQL) Developer. This is a remote opportunity or can be supported from our Memphis, TN (Zip Code 38120) office as well.
ECS is seeking an Intermediate to Senior Back-end Developer who works independently or under only general direction on complex problems which require competence in all phases of programming concepts and practices. This person will touch on architecture, design, building API'S , creating new features and new development. Working from diagrams and charts which identify the nature of desired results, processing steps to be accomplished and the relationships between various steps of the problem-solving routine; plans the full range of programming actions needed to efficiently utilize the computer system in achieving desired end products.
Analyze, design, develop, test, and implement distributed applications as part of a systems development team utilizing AGILE methodology. Provide feedback on and adhere to delivery dates. Provide end-user support as a technical expert. Ability to analyze, design, develop and test back-end applications that enhance customer's operations through the dissemination of pertinent and relevant information in a timely and efficient manner.
This is an excellent opportunity for someone looking for a long-term opportunity, growth, and flexible work environment with great benefits. If you are self-motivated, work well with a team as well as individually, can bring innovative solutions to the table, and like to mentor other developers; this is a great opportunity for you!
This position will perform and have the following duties, roles, and/or responsibilities:
- Must be proficient in one or many of the following languages (Java, Python, Oracle PL/SQL).
- Develop, revise, and maintain complex programs using (Java, Python or Oracle PL/SQL).
- Ability to develop and maintain complex programming constructs.
- Knowledge of high data loading and ETL concepts.
- Sound understanding of performance tuning and optimizations.
- Experience utilizing partitions for data processing, archiving and retrieval.
Java / Python:
- Experience with remote data (via REST and JSON), Open source REST simulation tools, Chrome Post Man and knowledge of the HTTP protocol
- Expert level skills in Java & J2EE especially web service and Python.
- Experience in code modularization, Micro Services, and deployment strategies.
- Experience exporting ,transforming and importing metadata.
- Develop and revise program code based on clearly or loosely defined requirements.
- Prepares documentation and draft test plans for system tests, integration test, and stress tests.
- Displays effective communication skills and the ability to work in a team environment.
- Display capabilities to troubleshoot, maintain and resolve production level applications.
- Mentor and guide lower level programmers in best practices as appropriate to position level.
- Assist functional groups in testing and implementation of new features and enhancements.
- US Citizen or Green Card Holder and must be able to obtain a Public Trust Clearance.
- Participate in an on-call rotation for after hours and weekend support.
- 3-6 Years development experience in: SQL, Oracle PL/SQL, Java Server-Side, Python
- Should be able to do Performance Tuning and Optimization of SQL statements and PL/SQL packages/stored procedures.
- Should be able to integrate Java server-side applications with API's and Front-end UI.
- Should be able to create and maintain ETL Processes across different environments and/or programming languages
- Experience developing on Linux platform
- Experience developing Unix shell scripts
- 6+ years of progressively more complex programming experience in large scale information system environments
- Knowledge of Software Development Lifecycle
- Familiarity with Agile Scrum methodology
- Experience with code versioning tools, such as GIT
- Experience developing on multiple platforms including Windows and Linux
- Experience with Azure or AWS cloud services
- Strong unit testing and debugging skills
- Experience working with GIS technologies such as ESRI ArcGIS
- Knowledge of Transportation Industry
- Ability to work in an agile, collaborative environment where a wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected.
ECS is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, veteran status or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law. ECS promotes affirmative action for minorities, women, disabled persons, and veterans.
ECS is a leading mid-sized provider of technology services to the United States Federal Government. We are focused on people, values and purpose. Every day, our 3400+ employees focus on providing their technical talent to support the Federal Agencies and Departments of the US Government to serve, protect and defend the American People.