|Date Posted||January 28, 2021|
ECS is seeking a Sr. GIS/Python Developer to work in our Memphis, TN office/Remotely.
ECS is seeking a Sr. GIS/Python Developer to assist with developing modern, advanced on premise and cloud-based analytics solutions, incorporating geospatial and big data to solve complex business operations challenges. This is an excellent opportunity for someone looking for a long-term opportunity with competitive salary and great benefits.
As a Sr. GIS/Python Developer on technical projects, you enjoy working with business customers to design solutions and lead analysts and developers through iterative development cycles. You understand the importance of following best practices as you lead and develop code, test, debug, and deploy features and capabilities. You are a critical thinker, motivated, and have a passion to lead from the front and guide others. You think outside the box and enjoy researching and proposing innovative ideas. You are articulate and possess excellent presentation skills, capable of sharing ideas and concepts to business and technical staff alike.
- Must be U.S. Citizen or Green Card holder and must be able to obtain a Public Trust clearance.
- Minimum of a Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field
- 5+ years of experience using GIS products such as Esri ArcGIS software suite (Desktop, Pro, Server, SDE, and AGOL), Google Maps, and open source GIS tools
- 10+ years of experience with enterprise software development using Python (2.x and 3.x)
- Multithreading, asynchronous, server pool environments
- Python frameworks such as Flask, Django, or Tornado
- Knowledge of and experience developing web services using RESTful APIs, XML, SOAP, or JSON
- Database and SQL experience (Oracle, PostgreSQL, MySQL, etc.)
- Experience working in Linux environments and basic shell scripting; job scheduling and workload automation
- Agile work environment (Scrum, Lean)
- Cloud development/big data solutions
- Functional programming experience
- Test Driven Development (TDD)
- Routing technology
ECS provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable Federal, state and local laws. ECS also maintains a drug-free workplace.
ECS is a leading mid-sized provider of technology services to the United States Federal Government. We are focused on people, values and purpose. Every day, our 3000+ employees focus on providing their technical talent to support the Federal Agencies and Departments of the US Government to serve, protect and defend the American People.