|February 6, 2024
JOB TITLE: Sr. Python Developer
JOB LOCATION: Remote
WAGE RANGE*: 60 - 69/ hour Must be W2
Required Work Experience:
*5+ years related work experience, professional experience with technical design and coding in the IT industry using Python development and code design skills
*Recent Experience with LLM models
*Experience in all aspects of data engineering and operations
*Good knowledge of Pandas library
*Experience building complex applications with the OpenAI API or other LLMs (Lanchain, etc.)
*Experience with Retrieval Augmented Generation
Related Bachelor's degree or related work experience
PROJECT SCOPE: Looking for a Sr. Python Developer to build Generative AI application
Responsible for development, programming, coding of Information Technology solutions using Python to enable Florida Blue Customer Experience applications. Responsible for documentation of the system, conduct unit tests, peer code reviews and maintenance of internally developed applications, evaluation and performance testing of purchased products. Responsible for including IT Controls to protect the confidentiality, integrity, as well as availability of the application and data processed or output by the application.
* Experience of any kind with vector database(s).
* Knowledge of cognitive search/LLM-based search with a variety of data sources.
* Good knowledge of data handling/massaging, pre-processing, and setting up data pipelines
* Ability to develop in Linux Environment, VSCode, github
* Self starter keen to learn, enjoys delivering solutions, happy to give opinions and influence the design as well as the development of solutions.
* Experience with unit testing, release procedures, coding design and documentation protocol as well as change management procedures
* Demonstrated organizational, analytical and interpersonal skills
* Flexible team player
* Ability to manage tasks independently and take ownership of responsibilities
* Ability to learn from mistakes and apply constructive feedback to improve performance
* Must demonstrate initiative and effective independent decision-making skills
* Ability to communicate technical information clearly and articulately
* Ability to adapt to a rapidly changing environment
* In-depth understanding of the systems development life cycle
* May include database knowledge in; SQL, MySQL, Oracle DB, PostgreSQL, Cassandra, dBase, MS Access, etc
* Responsible for development, programming, coding of Information Technology solutions using Python
* Responsible for documentation of the system, conduct unit tests, peer code reviews and maintenance of internally developed applications, evaluation and performance testing of purchased products.
* Responsible for including IT Controls to protect the confidentiality, integrity, as well as availability of the application and data processed or output by the application.
* Excellent understanding of RESTful Architecture style.
* We expect the candidate to have ability to take methodical approach to evaluate various libraries with pros and cons to meet business / technical requirements.
* Excellent understanding of Python programming mode and required libraries to develop REST API Services.
* Must have demonstrated experience developing REST APIs using Python.
* Must have demonstrated experience processing batch files using Python
* Must have demonstrated experience developing scheduling of batch processes
* Proficiency using standard desktop applications such as MS Suite and flowcharting tools such as Visio
* High critical thinking skills to evaluate alternatives and present solutions that are consistent with business objectives and strategy
The preferred qualifications listed below reflect desired knowledge, skill, and/or experience.
Additional Preferred Qualifications:
* Various Domain experience; Health Care, Financial, etc
* Experience using Agile, Waterfall, or hybrid methodology
* Specific tools, languages and specialty skills may vary
* Experience using FastApi & Flask, NodeJs and Redis
* Experience using LLM based Chatbots - vector databases, langchain & OpenAi libraries, prompt engineering
Equal Opportunity Employer Veterans/Disabled
* While an hourly range is posted for this position, an eventual hourly rate is determined by a comprehensive salary analysis which considers multiple factors including but not limited to: job-related knowledge, skills and qualifications, education and experience as compared to others in the organization doing substantially similar work, if applicable, and market and business considerations. Benefits offered include medical, dental and vision benefits; dependent care flexible spending account; 401(k) plan; voluntary life/short term disability/whole life/term life/accident and critical illness coverage; employee assistance program; sick leave in accordance with regulation. Benefits may be subject to generally applicable eligibility, waiting period, contribution, and other requirements and conditions.