|Date Posted||October 30, 2021|
Contract to Hire
Senior Python Developer
As a Senior Python Developer, you will be a key member of our collaborative team supporting our federal client. You will work cross-functionally in an Agile environment to build RESTful APIs for the display of content, create microservices, work on front-end and back-end code, mentor peers and junior developers in Python/Django design, and build ETL processes. Must be flexible, able to work in a highly collaborative environment, juggle multiple tasks at once, and work independently and collaboratively as needed. Must have superior interpersonal skills and strong communication skills. Be comfortable working directly with the Project Manager to support emerging client needs as well.
To be successful, a candidate should have the following skillset:
- 8+ years of solid Python and Django development experience
- 8+ years of overall (OOP) programming experience
- Experience with JSON-based APIs
- Experience with Microservices
- Experience with Search engines, such as Solr or Elasticsearch
- Experience design and developing enterprise Web and Search systems
- Experience with enterprise database technologies, such as Postgres and MySQLComfortable with working with open source-based solutions
- Familiar with enterprise use of Python
- Expert in continuous integration/continuous delivery solutions
- Experience with large-scale AWS based solutions and Terraform
- Agile experience
- Undergraduate Degree (in computer science, engineering or related field) highly desired but can be substituted with 2 additional years of experience
- The nature of being a federal contractor is that the client gets to regulate a few aspects:
- This person must also be able to pass a Public Trust background check/clearance required by the Federal client.
- This position is open to US-based candidates only; candidates must reside in one of the following states: Washington, D.C., Virginia, Maryland, Pennsylvania, Texas, North Carolina, Georgia, Tennessee, Rhode Island, or Florida. If you do not reside in one of the following states, client does offer relocation assistance.
- The role will require a pre-employment background and credit check in addition to any applicable client clearance.