|Published||November 18, 2022|
|Job Type||Contractor Full-time|
Vaco is hiring a Senior Python, Backend Developer for a full time, direct hire opportunity.
(direct hire, no contracting)
This opportunity is fully remote within the United States.
Details about the role and technical environment:
- Our primary backend programming language is Python
- For REST-ful services, we are leveraging FastAPI
- For relational databases, we like using PostgreSQL. We are comfortable both with or without an ORM - when we do use an ORM, we've leveraged SQLAlchemy in the past.
- For data engineering, we are leveraging Databricks and Fivetran to enable to built ETL data pipelines to ingest data into a data lakehouse that can be leveraged by both SQL queries for BI and Apache Spark for data science / AI
- In general we deploy our software in AWS in EKS / Kubernetes.
- 8+ years experience as a backend-focused software developer
- 4+ years experience with Python
- 2+ years experience with Python web frameworks (eg. Flask, FastAPI or Django)
- In-depth knowledge of SQL relational databases (preferably PostgreSQL), both via an ORM like SQLAlchemy/Django and directly via DBAPI
- In-depth knowledge of Python testing frameworks (py.test or unittest2) and how to write unit/integration test suites using them
- Experience working with AWS services, both from the AWS console and from within Python (boto3)
- Experience effectively organizing and mentoring more junior staff technically
- Architecting solutions, building features, creating tools, maintaining code, and writing tests for new and existing products
- Providing technical leadership, code reviews, and mentoring to fellow engineers
- Contributing to the evolution of our tech stack selections to meet business needs
- Work with the product team to understand requirements, formulate use cases, and then translate that into an effective technical solution.