|Date Posted||October 26, 2020|
Welcome to Allscripts! Our Mission is to be the most trusted provider of innovative solutions that empower all stakeholders across the healthcare continuum to deliver world-class outcomes. Our Vision is a Connected Community of Health that spans continents and borders. With the largest community of clients in healthcare, Allscripts is able to deliver an integrated platform of clinical, financial, connectivity and information solutions to facilitate enhanced collaboration and exchange of critical patient information.
Founded in November of 2018, Veradigm, an Allscripts subsidiary, is a health information technology, analytics and intervention solutions company. We are dedicated to simplifying the complicated healthcare system with next-generation technology and solutions, transforming healthcare from the point-of-care to everyday life.
Now the largest source of de-identified ambulatory patient records available, our unique portfolio provides data-driven actionable insights, derived from best-in-class analytics, and integrated with point of care technology solutions to help improve the quality, efficiency and value of healthcare. Our solutions support biopharma, health plans, healthcare providers, health technology partners, and most importantly, the patients they serve. That is how we are transforming health, insightfully.
***ACCELRX SR SOFTWARE ENGINEER (BACK-END)***
remote role (central or east preferred) / back-end guru
Veradigm is looking for software engineers (back-end) to help develop cutting edge software applications in the healthcare technology industry. AccelRx is a suite of applications that includes users such as clinicians, patients, data analysts, etc. The goal of AccelRx is to streamline access to specialty drugs.
As a software engineer you will be responsible for the development of AccelRx Web and Mobile platform. As an individual contributor, you will help the team fulfill technical, operational, and business requirements. You will drive and personally embody a new engineering culture that demands high-quality, robust and innovative solutions to the complex business problems our customers face.
All candidates should be quick learners, be reasonably undaunted by uncharted territory, be versatile in the face of what needs to be done, be able to design and write systems that are maintainable and scale up well, be proud of doing a good job, and be able to make strong individual contributions in the setting of a tightly-knit team.
- Build robust and scalable software in Python
- Design and create services and system architecture for your projects, and contribute and provide feedback to other team members
- Help improve our code quality through writing unit tests, and automation Participate in brainstorming sessions and contribute ideas to our technology, algorithms and products
- Work with the product and design teams to understand end-user requirements, formulate use cases, and then translate that into a pragmatic and effective technical solution
- Dive into difficult problems and successfully deliver results on schedule
Academic and Professional Qualifications:
- Successful completion of a Bachelor's Degree or relevant technical / business experience
- 4-8 years of recent hands-on coding and software design
- A track record of projects completed on time \u2013 you are a flawless executor, not a procrastinator
- You find satisfaction in a job well done and want to solve head-scratching challenges
- Solid OOP and software design knowledge \u2013 you should know how to create software that’s extensible, reusable and meets desired architectural objectives
- Experience with Python, Django Framework, and the willingness to learn new technologies (experience with other object-oriented languages is acceptable as well, but our code is Python)
- Experience with Linux/Unix and scripting languages like Python, Perl, shell scripting, etc.
Little to no travel is required
Work is performed in a standard office environment with minimal exposure to health or safety hazards
At Allscripts, our greatest strength comes from bringing together talented people with diverse perspectives to support the technology needs of 180,000 physicians, 1,500 hospitals and 10,000 post-acute organizations across the globe. Allscripts offers a comprehensive compensation and benefits package, including holidays, vacation, medical, dental, and vision insurance, company paid life insurance and retirement savings.
Allscripts policy is to provide equal employment opportunity and affirmative action in all of its employment practices without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, marital status, protected veteran status, age, individuals with disabilities, sexual orientation or gender identity or expression or any other legally protected category. Applicants for North American based positions with Allscripts must be legally authorized to work in the United States or Canada. Verification of employment eligibility will be required as a condition of hire.
From a "VEVRAA Federal Contractor" We request Priority Referral of Protected Veterans
This is an official Allscripts Job posting. To avoid identity theft, please only consider applying to jobs posted on our official corporate site.
Visa Sponsorship is not offered for this position